CanadianVideo Tape from 1982 Has Ray Franz and Jim Penton in TV Interview

by Poztate 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Poztate
    Poztate

A long time ago as I was exiting the dubs in 1982 I recorded a Program called The Fifth Estate on JW's and their problems. The program was called "CRACKS IN THE WATCHTOWER". I have never seen this video online anywere so I wondered if maybe I had found some "New Light" that may be useful online to help others see the TRUTH.

Some highlights of this 20 min tape are:

The problem that occured in Lethbridge Alberta where Jim Penton was in the 70's and early 80's. Jim's son and daughter in law are interviewed along with other back sliders from Lethbridge. John Poole speaks of being thought of as a spiritual leper. Dianne Picarney talks about her family shunning her because of siding with the "group" as they called it who were questioning WT teachings. The ones meeting with "the group" rented a church for their meetings and seemed to be getting back to more main stream beliefs.

A rebuttal of DF'ing is offered by Walter Graham who admits any who are DF'ed are treated as almost a non person. You might see them at funerals only. It fact this is still the hard line policy used today. It was also mentioned that those who left would be treated the same as DF'ed persons.(This is one reason I kept my head down in 1982 as this policy was still being formed and who knew how hard a line it would take.)

Walter Graham also offered a rebuttal for all the false prophesy saying that it was just joyful anticipation not false prophets at all.This sure hasn't changed much.He put his foot in it when he said that if any found a better way to worship God "More Power To Them"He also highlighted the old carrot of the generation of 1914 not passing away berore the end came

A short interview was also given with Mike and Helen Zabrowsky who were DF'ed 10 years before.The injustice they did to them caused Mike to break down a little and brought tears to his eyes. They were involved in a million dollar lawsuit against the WT at that time.Never did hear how that turned out but they probably lost.

Some picketing of halls esp.ouside the Washington DC. area is also shown with brief interviews from some of the pickets about being DF'ed for questioning the WT. with it's many changing doctrines.

They then cut to New York Bethel and give a brief history of Ray Franz.They tell that he was part of the govering body and that he had to leave along with the head of the missionary school for stirring up trouble. The comment was made that he was trying to affect change by working on the inside. They then cut away to a restaurant where Ray Franz and Peter Gregerson are sitting at a table. A comment was made by Ray that a major reason he was DF"d was because he was perceived as a malignancy that had to be excised at all costs. Peter Gregerson called into question the right of the 144,000 to claim exclusive rights for talking for God.They both agreed that FEAR was the major factor behind the hard line taken against any one questioning ANY WT beliefs.The comment was also made that the WT was playing far too central a role in peoples lives.

My question is...Is this video out on the www anywhere and If not what would be the best way of getting it out to "all the honest hearted ones earnestly seeking the truth"?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good question I saw that while I was a JW .I would like to get a copy of it too. If we get any replies we maybe could get it. I will ask Jim...

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Of course Poztate did his duty of teaching me the "truth" by showing me the video.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Ask Joules, he may want to host it on his site.

jwsons

• Beans
    Beans

Can you not ask the CBC for a copy of this program for 20 bucks!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Can you not ask the CBC for a copy of this program for 20 bucks!

Hi Beans, I am a great fan of the quotes site.Maybe I was not quite clear enough.I have a copy of this tape. Taped it way back in 1982 and hung on to it.I don't know if CBC would even bother to cut an archive tape of something this old. I just wanted to know if somehow we could get it uploaded on the web where it might do more good than just sitting in my drawer at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit