Watchtower History

by vienne 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

Some of you read our history blog and have read our first two books. We're pushing to finish volume 2, Separate Identity. A rough draft chapter from volume 2 is up on our blog. This is a temporary post. If you are interested in an academic treatment of Watch Tower history, you will, I hope, find this interesting.

https://truthhistory.blogspot.com/

• Perry
    Perry

Interesting accounts of those that joined the Watchtower in the early days.

From the few I read, a recurring theme for early adherents seems to be a critical attitude of traditional believers and a desire to work for their salvation.

Not much has changed I guess.

Do you have a website?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can I ask a basic question? At the risk of displaying ignorance, I was wondering if you know whether Charles Taze Russell met and had dealings with Ellen White? Because I watched this video yesterday that claimed Russell knew White very well and they even attended the same church. Which is news to me!

https://youtu.be/YSTmGN4ND2w

• vienne
    vienne

Russell never met White, and they never attended the same Church. Russell was a one faith/ age to come believer, never a seventh day adventist.

• vienne
    vienne

Perry, Yes, we have a web site. the blog where the chapter is displayed. to see more click on the 'older posts' button at the bottom of the page. The blog is very rich in content. We've been adding to it since 2007/8.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks, I thought the video was inaccurate. It gets a lot of views however. Entertainment is viewed above accuracy these days.

I wonder if Russell and White had anything to say about each other.

• jaydee
    jaydee

@vienne....' The blog is very rich in content.'

An understatement .
    The blog is a treasure trove of information.
    People, places, and events I knew nothing about.

Image result for emoji reading a book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit