What is your relationship with ALCOHOL?

by nicolaou 76 Replies latest social physical

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Alcohol and I are like boxers. It,always knocks me down no matter how hard I knock it back.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Anders

South Florida at the moment lol

Let's do it man!

Some one was talking about stress and drinking. I eat when I'm stressed, Comfort food. I drink when I'm happy. It's the cherry on top. And I love to drink so I do it when I feel good or need to be creative.

• Simon
    Simon

I noticed some big cultural differences when we moved from the UK to Canada. People still drink but not as much and far less during work hours. In the UK we'd often spend a couple of hours at the pub on Friday. Here a team lunch see's people ordering coke and stuff (not me, I'm still British which makes a Guinness OK anytime).

We were never regular heavy drinkers but I've found as I've gotten older that even the occasional "getting hammered" is just no fun - it just takes longer and longer to recover and the blergh doesn't make up for the "fun" (what fun?!).

Plus I lost my best drinking buddy to pregnancy and I guess you still can't drink when you have a baby and toddler, LOL. It's actually more fun playing with the kids and chatting than it ever was drinking and shouting over the noise in a bar.

Our eldest is over 18 but he's never drunk alcohol or shown any inclination to - always coke or fresh orange juice if they have it when we go out. The youngest thinks beer and wine "tastes disgusting" too - hope it stays like that.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Cocktail or two before dinner or while cooking. Split a bottle of wine most days with the wifey. Wine makes everything taste better. Maybe a good whiskey to settle in for the night.

Rarely if ever drunk...hate the feeling of being out of control. But I do love the taste............

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I've found as I've gotten older that even the occasional "getting hammered" is just no fun - it just takes longer and longer to recover and the blergh doesn't make up for the "fun" (what fun?!).

Ain't that the truth.

• smiddy
    smiddy

In my teen years I had a problem with alcohol , then I found the "truth" which helped me curb it.

Then I learnt how to control my drinking habits using a technique I discovered .

I became a very moderate drinker while being a witness

Since leaving over 20 years now I drink much more , nearly everyday , a couple of beers then a few wines , without getting drunk .

smiddy

There have been some funny responses to this post LOL

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I'm with Homer Simpson on this one "Mmmmmmmmmm Beeeeer !!!!"

I drink a few beers every day, the occasional wine or Campari, I never get drunk.

The interesting thing about these new guidelines is the science behind them, and what it says about risk.

The risk that was highlighted was a greater chance of getting some form of cancer. The point is that there is more risk involved in sitting and watching television for two hours or more a day, and in eating a couple of bacon sandwiches a week, than there is in reasonable alcohol consumption.

If you avoid all things enjoyable, you may, just may, live longer, but for sure, it will seem much much longer !

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I drink a few beers every day, the occasional wine or Campari, I never get drunk.

campari--yeccchh. one of the few tastes i cant stand. like very nasty medicine.

• coalize
    coalize

I'm an alcoholic. Big alcoholic... like a lot of french people.

I started to drink at age of 14. In the countryside I born, it was only one single little shop : half of the shop was alcohol.

Now I drink one vodka by day and three or four beer.

Ah... for the vodka it's not one glass, but one 1L bottle. And for the beer, I speak in liter.

Since new year I'm totally sober. I'm proud

• cognac
    cognac

Since new year I'm totally sober. I'm proud

You should be! That's great!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit