Are baptisms under the age of 18 valid? Can one baptised/dedicated prior actually be dfed according to law?

by EndofMysteries 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with Cognac and others.

I think I've said this previously, but there should be an age of consent for baptism. Is it worth lobbying for governments to force this change on the WT?

• matt2414
    matt2414
    "Even so, you went along with it all this time. Your actions since show you are in agreement."

It's ironic. When the Governing Body knowingly covers up the actions of thousands of pedophiles worldwide over several years, don't their actions also show they are in agreement? Hmmm, you can't have it both ways.

Psalms 50: 18, 21-22

"When you see a thief, you approve of him, and you keep company with adulterers. ... When you did these things, I remained silent, so you thought that I would be just like you. But now I will reprove you, and I will state my case against you. Please consider this, you who forget God, so that I may not tear you to pieces with no one to rescue you."

• Sabin
    Sabin

Yes Matt2414, we were only discussing this last night, they could potentially be accused of supporting a world wide paedophile ring. What is it nearly 24'000 on their records & you can bet your cotton socks there's elder's, MS, Pioneer's & many other's that are still holding their positions within the congregation. I just don't get why they wont help the authorities if they care about the children, what the hell are they hiding? They have to be hiding something, it just doesn't add up.

As far as the so called baptism the second question say's "Do you understand that your dedication & baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's witnesses In association with God's spirit-directed organization"? Well are they God's spirit directed org? NO. So your baptism is meaningless. It's only them jumping up & down about it. Which just adds to the prove that they are a cult.

Should they baptize minors & then hold them with threat's of shunning, death threat's of dying at Armageddon, Guilt tripping them, taking away their freedom of an education, friendship's. All I see them doing is proving over & over again that they are a cult.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

The strange part is treating baptism, a religious rite, as a legal contract. Where is the <i>quid pro quo</i>? Where is YHWH's signature on the paper (or the paper itself, for that matter)?

The baptism agreement between you and the WTBTS is only as binding as you let it be.

• JWchange
    JWchange
    Paul Grundy (JWfacts author) tried legal arguments, under Australian law, to annul his child baptism. Read his story and very well thought out letter to the Borg, here: http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/grundy.php
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Even if you somehow got your baptism legally annulled, the loyalists would (unofficially) shun you for having gotten it annulled.

Exactly. They will give you what you want and announce: "Heywood J. is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

That's all they need to let the shunning begin. Watchtower will say they never insisted that anyone shun Heywood and they consider his baptism void instead of disfellowshipping him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit