Evolution is a Fact #28 - Something Darwin Didn't Say

by cofty 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

here is another (simply providing you with pointers) it is a vast subject

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajhb.20088/abstract

• cofty
    cofty

Ruby why are you linking to articles that cost $38- to read? I have google scholar on my browser too.

In a sense the genome does not have to change as for example in a mutation

Yes is does. There is no sense in which evolution can happen without the genome changing.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

cofty - I do like talking to you and I have no wish to destroy your confidence as you do come out and raise topics that are necessary for jws and ijws. But having said that I think that your understanding of evolution is narrow as demonstrated in this statement for the reason that I have already stated. edit: there are moral and ethical reasons why it is significant that individuals can bring about far reaching changes that may not be taken up during their own lifetimes - and this is another reason I am pushing this

Yes is does. There is no sense in which evolution can happen without the genome changing.
  • cofty
    cofty
    here are moral and ethical reasons why it is significant that individuals can bring about far reaching changes that may not be taken up during their own lifetimes

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with biological evolution.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

there you go again -

it has everything to do with human evolution and our niche building developments - this imo is another one of your problems with narrow definitions

edit: now I really do have to go

• Caedes
    Caedes
    cofty - I do like talking to you and I have no wish to destroy your confidence

This made me laugh out loud

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

(okay - now that I am all nicely blow dried and perfumed)

You are right caedes, I don't think cofty respects my opinions enough to pay attention to them.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    I think Cofty respects empirical facts, perhaps you could try some of those?
  • Ruby456
    Ruby456
    no amount of empirical evidence will make a difference if the basic understanding of evolution is narrow and somewhat flawed.
  • Caedes
    Caedes
    no amount of empirical evidence will make a difference if the basic understanding of evolution is narrow and somewhat flawed.

oh the irony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit