Parting Letter

by Konagirl 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

A friend of mine was compelled to reach out to as many members as possible in her congregation, by sending them the following letter that I would like to share.

To my brothers and sisters,

I’m sure you’ve realised by now that something isn’t quite right with me as I haven’t been around in months. The truth is I have been going through a crisis and the last few months have been the hardest time of my life. I couldn’t speak to anyone until I had told my mom which I finally got around to doing a few days ago and now it’s only fair that I tell you and I hope you will take the time to read my letter so I can explain. Before you do though, I entreat you to pray to God to open up your heart and mind and prayerfully examine the scriptures.

For the first time in my life, I started reading the Bible on its own, especially the Christian Greek Scriptures. After a while, I started noticing differences between the scriptures and what we are taught, especially about Jesus. We think we are honouring Jesus, but if we truly examine the Bible, are we really? We urge people of other religions to examine if what they are taught is true or not, so does that not also apply to us? If we were to find out that what we are taught is not according to scripture, would that not require investigation?

· In Matthew 28:19,20 Jesus commanded us to get baptised in the name of ‘The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit.’ Have you ever wondered why Jehovah’s Witnesses are baptised into an organisation? Is this following Jesus’ command or are we actually committing an act of idolatry?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+28%3A19-20&version=CSB

· As witnesses, we are told that our only chance of salvation is to belong to an organisation. Can you actually find one scripture that backs that up? Acts 4:12 says in reference to Jesus “… there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.” Do you truly feel we are being taught to obey and trust only in Jesus for our salvation or is it dependent on our belonging to this organisation?

· Revelation 18:4 says with regard to Babylon the Great “get out of her MY people”. This is Jesus’ command AFTER the destruction of Babylon the Great, which we know is in the future. Jehovah’s Witnesses have been separate from all other religions for over 100 years, so why are we told that Babylon the Great represents false religion when Jesus is specifically telling HIS people to flee after her destruction? If the harlot is not false religion, who is she? Isn’t our life dependant on knowing the answer to this question?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+18%3A4&version=CSB

· 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 prophesies that there would be a great apostasy. This is not referring to the early Christian congregation or to those who have left the organisation, this is an apostasy that will occur during Christ’s presence and in God’s temple. Is it not important for us to discern what this apostasy is so that we do not succumb to it?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Thess+2%3A1-12&version=CSB

· In Matthew 24:15 Jesus warned about the “disgusting thing standing in a holy place”. According to the 15 July 2013 Watchtower the initial fulfillment was when the Roman army attacked Jerusalem and its temple and the future fulfillment is the United Nations destroying Christendom. So here Jerusalem prefigures Christendom. However, in the Pure Worship book that we recently studied, in Teaching Box 16A, it shows that Christendom can never be the antitypical Jerusalem because she has never had God’s favour. So which one is true? Does the holy place refer to Christendom or doesn’t it? If it doesn’t as this new understanding suggests, then what holy place is Jesus referring to in Matthew 24:15, how are we to discern the “disgusting thing” standing there and when must we flee?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+24%3A15-16&version=CSB

· Why has the New World Translation altered so many scriptures from the original text which totally change the meaning? One example is Revelation 5:10 – please compare the verse to the Kingdom Interlinear as well as other translations. Why are we not taught this? Some other changes are in 2 Corinthians 5:20; Matthew 24:39; John 3:16-18; Romans 10:9,10; Ephesians 4:8; Matthew 3:3. Why was John 7:53-8:11 removed from the latest version of the NWT? https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+5%3A10%3B+2+Cor+5%3A20%3B+Matt+24%3A39%3B+John+3%3A16-18%3B+Rom10%3A9%2C10%3B+Eph+4%3A8%3B+Matt+3%3A3%3B+John+7%3A53%3B+8%3A1-11&version=CSB

· Matthew 24:45-51 speaks about a slave that would feed God’s sheep – but it also says that when Jesus returns the slave would either be declared faithful or evil. The governing body tell us that they were declared faithful when Jesus inspected the organisation in 1919. On what basis? That they were teaching the truth - but if you examine what they taught at that time it is virtually the opposite of what we are taught today. They say the “light gets brighter and brighter,” but surely any new light should only clarify details not previously understood, not the opposite. Can truth ever change? Why did Jesus give the slave incorrect information to confuse his sheep back then? Were “expired truths” ever true? So did Jesus really appoint them in 1919 or is it in the future? If it is in the future, then they cannot claim to be faithful until Jesus renders judgement.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+24%3A45-51&version=CSB

Although we are told that we are not to question anything we are taught, is that what the scriptures say? Should we just follow what people say? In Acts 17:11 the Beroeans were commended because they “carefully examined the scriptures daily to see whether these things were so, and in 1 John 4:1-3 it says “Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.”

Up until recently, I truly believed with all my heart that I had the truth but after really examining the Bible, I no longer believe it is the true religion. Just admitting those words to myself was so traumatic, I can’t even begin to explain how I felt. It was honestly the worst day of my life and I cried for days. I have given my life to “the truth” believing I was serving God but I have come to see that God’s spirit is not with the governing body. They have convinced over 8 million people that they are the anointed spokesmen of God, but their actions behind the scenes proves that God is not backing them - including their 100% failure rate in several end-of-world predictions and failed calculations using “this generation” which has to be constantly changed. Deuteronomy 18:20-22 says “If any prophet presumptuously speaks a word in my name… and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. The prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.” https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deut+18%3A20-22&version=CSB

Although there are elements of truth taught to us, if there are lies mixed within, can it really be called the Truth? Even if it was mostly true, wouldn’t one falsehood make it false? Just like 1 drop of poison in a glass of water contaminates the entire glass, would you drink it? Would “life giving water” ever be tainted with lies? Jesus knew this would happen and warned us over and over again not to be misled by “false prophets” who would arise – these ones would distort truth but would be difficult to identify because of their smooth sounding words. This deception would be so powerful that even the chosen ones would be misled if they were not awake (Matthew 7:15-20; Matthew 24:4-5,11,24; Luke 21:8; Romans 16:17,18) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+7%3A15-20%3B+24%3A4-5%2C11%2C24%3B+Luke+21%3A8%3B+Rom+16%3A17%2C18&version=CSB

With their terrible track record of predicting the future, I am so afraid of what trap they will lead you into when they say you need to follow them “even if it doesn’t make sense from a human standpoint”. I hope and pray that you will come to understand that because they do not have God’s spirit, they cannot understand and unravel Bible prophecy so none of their predictions for the near future will come true. Jesus is not coming to rescue you as long as you are following the governing body and remain part of this organisation. Please trust in God and his precious Son and not in these men for your salvation.

If only witnesses would recognise that when they have doubts, it is not Satan, but it is in fact our Creator trying to wake them up and open their eyes to the truth. Our minds and hearts have been captured and only with God’s help can the veil be lifted from our eyes so the truth can shine through (2 Corinthians 4:3,4). Please pray for this help, stop reading their publications and start reading the Bible on its own. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Cor+4%3A3-4&version=CSB

This does not mean I would ever join another religion, if any religion was true, it would have been this one – but now I know that I do not need to be part of a religion to be a follower of Jesus (Matthew 18:20). But the question we ask is, if this isn’t the truth – where do we go? The real question we should ask is found in John 6:68 where Peter asked “whom shall we go away to?” The answer is, we go to Jesus. The “Truth” is not a religion - Jesus Christ IS the Truth. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+18%3A20%3B+John+6%3A68%3B+14%3A6&version=CSB

Of course, it is up to you whether you choose to look into what the Bible really teaches or not, but I could not keep quiet as I care about you, no matter the consequences to myself. What saddens me is that every single witness is being deceived – they are not on the narrow road to life but are on the broad road to destruction (Matthew 7:13-23). In fact, the organisation is slowly and subtly leading each witness further and further away from Jesus and the salvation he promises. God’s original purpose to make the earth a paradise is real, the path to it is not what we were led to believe. I have come to see that the only way to salvation is to imitate, obey and love Jesus and not to trust or show loyalty to any man or organisation. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+7%3A13-23&version=CSB

Thank you for reading my letter and I really hope you will take the time to examine what you are being taught, always using the scriptures as your foundation. I will always treasure your friendship and the wonderful memories we shared. I also forgive you for what I know you have to do to me, thinking it is the way you show loyalty to God (John 16:2,3). I am not afraid though, I have full confidence that Jesus and his Father will take care of me, not only now but for eternity.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+16%3A2-3&version=CSB

Love to you,

Xxxxxx

• Ding
    Ding

Sadly, most JWs won't read past the first paragraph.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Most of his reasons are the reasons thT led to my departure, thanks for sharing

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Brilliant .

jtg.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

My parents aggressively told me that my problem was that I put too much store in the creator and the bible when the watchtower should come first!!!🤷‍♂️

• waton
    waton
    "The real question we should ask is found in John 6 ---" Konagirl,

to add:

How do we, or watchtower followers hope to get everlasting life without partaking of the symbolic body of Christ, i.e. The bread and wine?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

An excellent read ,using the scriptures and those who believe the bible to be true.

Every Jehovah`s Witness should have a copy of this letter.

If possible.

Thanks for sharing this Konagirl

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Ding captured my immediate thought: as soon as the first paragraph is read, the JW paranoia will prevent them from reading anything further, because "apostate" will be screaming in their heads.

One 'silver bullet' is needed with JW's - not a scatter-gun.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Like Ding, I think most JWs will not read past the introduction. Certainly, many of them will stop when they get to this part: "For the first time in my life, I started reading the Bible on its own."

And that is terribly sad. The WTS teaches its membership to fear the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit