Received the following today:

COSMO LOTTO PROMOTION
    PEVERIL BUILDINGS,
    DOUGLAS, ISLE OF MAN.

REF: HLP /6675108460037/03
    BATCH: 901/41319/HLP

FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION,

RE/ AWARD NOTIFICATION: FINAL NOTICE

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement today of winners of the COSMO
    PROMO LOTTERY INTERNATIONAL, PROGRAMS held on 1St August 2003.Winners were drawn
    from the random filling of users of the internet for the month of July 2003.

Your company,is attached to ticket number 8801-0148-790-691, with serial number
    76109-17 drew the lucky numbers990-77-815-37-10-83, and consequently won the
    lottery in the 3rd category. You have therefore been approved for a lump sum
    pay out of US$5, 500,000.00 in cash credited to file REF
    NO.HLP /6675108460037/03 This is from total prize money of US$80,400,000.00
    shared among the seventeen international winners in this category. All
    participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000
    names from Australia, New Zealand, America, Europe, North America and Asia, as
    part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Your fund is now deposited with a Security company
    insured in your name. Due to the mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that
    you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been
    processed and your money remitted to your account.

This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous
    acts by participants of this program. We hope with a part of your prize, you
    will participate in our end of year high stakes US$1.3 billion International
    Lottery.

To begin your claim, please contact Mr ANTHONY MITCHELL on this email address:
    [email protected] for due processing and remittance of your prize money
    to a designated account of your choice.

Remember, all prize money must be claimed not later than 2nd March 2004. After
    this date, all funds will be returned as unclaimed.

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember
    to quote your reference and batch numbers in every one of your correspondences
    with your agent. Furthermore, should there be any change of your address, do
    inform your claims agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our
    promotions program.

Sincerely,

ANTHONY MITCHELL.

THE PROMOTIONS MANAGER,
    COSMO PROMO LOTTERY,
    DOUGLAS, ISLE OF MAN.

N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of
    the winners will result to disqualification

SORRY FOR THE LATE INFORMATION THANKS

Aren't I the lucky one then?

link

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Unfortunately, most if not all of these situations are scams.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

Its a BIG BIG Scam ! Don't answer it. Don't beleive it. These kind of scams have been on the news here in Australia. Some people who follow the directions loose there money. throw the letter out. I've had some myself. Emails also are being sent with the same kind of offer.Its all a big Con.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You could always find out how it works and email them back. Just ask them how to claim your prize and they'll give you some stupid instructions. I'm guessing it's not much different than the Nigerian scams where you have to pay a sum of money to release the funds.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hubby got one yesterday supposedly from a Bill Gates Lottery - yeah right

• exjwgirl25
    exjwgirl25

I recieved the same thing last week. I just aimed my mouse at the delete key and pressed the button.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Hubby got one yesterday supposedly from a Bill Gates Lottery - yeah right

Yeah, like Bill Gates is going to share his fortune.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit