Church of Scientology w/Leah Remini on Conan Video Resembles What Watchtower Does to Apostates

by Tenacious 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Started watching this video and the similarities to the Watchtower is very similar. Then again evil organizations are basically all the same.

https://streamable.com/the9t

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One noted similarity to Scientology and the JWS is that both systemically brainwash people through literature proliferation and actually use literature to lure people into their organizations..

I remember a Scientologist approaching me on the street back in the 70's with a Dianetics book in his hand.

At the time I was doing service on the streets myself but with some totality different literature in hand, The Watchtower and Awake magazines. .

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Yes, I was amazed at the shunning, disconnecting, long periods of shaming and punishment before re-admitting, and disengagement from family members who leave or speak against the cult.

This corresponds with shunning, disfellowshipping and reinstatement, and cutting off ties with family or apostates. They use that word too. Both cults forbid talking to former members. Both spy on members they suspect of wrongdoing, and destroy families. Both have lavish headquarters and their own "language" which only members use. Both expect unquestioning obedience to the leaders as loyalty to God.

A woman formerly high up in SeaOrg was interviewed. She was sexually abused when underage. Her family was told not to go to the police, and that the elders would handle it internally. Sound familiar?

As I watched, I just kept saying, wow, that's just like the Witnesses- two cults which are so much alike.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

So glad that this is getting more and more exposure. I had no clue Scientology was so similiar in its cult organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit