Has anyone else felt like this ?

by Riley 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Riley
    Riley

About three years ago , there was a son of an elder in my hall ( and I use the term " My Hall " in a very loose term ) who committed suicide. The guy was real asshole but not one deserves something like that. I read his sons Obit online. It had his birthday , his baptize day and the rest of the obit is a sales pitch for the WTS. Just gross IMHO.

My question here is

A. Is the current WTS teaching a works based salvation in which you never know if you have done enough but if you kill yourself , you get a free trip to paradise ?

B. This elder hasn't seemed to miss a beat since his sons death. I feel an evil presence when I see him and get knots in my stomach. I just want to call him out , Kick the shit out him...................just do something. You just killed your own child with your stupidity. You go door to door teaching the same nonsense that killed your son. You piece of shit.

I guess

Rant over.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

a few years back, a young man from a "spiritual" family committed suicide. I never heard it discussed. The obit had nothing about the suicide, but only good things to say about the boy. He would have been at least 3rd generation witness. His dad gave public talks before and after the boy's death. Which leads me to a question...if your teenager commits suicide, how is that keeping your family "in order" , so you can continue to serve? ( Not that I feel the parents should suffer more than the loss of the boy...just a question.) From all outward appearances, you thought this a model JW family.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They used to condemn suicide as self-murder, until they - allegedly - finally started acknowledging that you can’t always fully understand or judge any individual’s mental or emotional state.

Probably started hearing rumours that too many of the more vulnerable rank-and-filers might be suffering suicidal depression explicitly due to the particulars of the WT ideology, lifestyle, and belief system, and wanted to avoid any blowback.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i can well imagine a youngster--stuck at home with his overbearing stifling JW parents---taking the only way out open to him/her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit