Jw's and beards

by wannaexit 53 Replies latest jw friends

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Just tell the elders that you don't have a sexy chiseled chin like them and that it is unchristian to persecute a less handsome one in such a convoluted way that they can't tell whether you are sincere or sarcastic.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Several years ago I worked on a KHALL project at an off-site location were all the woodwork, doors and cabinetry was being built. During that time I didn't shave and when it came time to go on site to install all we had built an elder told me I needed to shave if I wanted to work on site. Having a beard outweighed the weeks of hard work when it came to earning the privilege of working at the hall. Of course as a good JW I obeyed...

• freddo
    freddo

@ oppostate

K99 is quite right. You are in New England but here in Old England the R&F will have few problems with having a neat beard. Elders and Min Servs too.

On builds and projects beards have never been a problem nor with volunteering at assemblies too. But higher up the organizational responsibility tree it starts to change.

I used to arrange public talks for the congregation on and off in the 80's and 90s and more recently in the 2000's too and we never had an anti beard rule and nor did most others, but rarely a nearby congregation would let us know that we should not send bearded speakers to them.

There has been an upsurge in beards on younger men and at the moment there is an upsurge of beards on appointed men and I believe it is down to this forthcoming WT article. I hear rumours that Metropolitan trolley cart minders have been approved with beards this last few months after checking with the Branch office.

As is usual "no beards on the assembly" still applies and it will be interesting to see if that changes this autumn as circuit assembly days roll round.

No beards at Bethel has been the rule; if that changes then we might even see them on Regional Conventions but I doubt it!

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I've been rocking a beard/goatee since I left in my very early 20's. I love it, cause I am lazy and hate shaving. I let it go for about 3 or 4 months, then trim it down, rinse repeat.

Honestly, on the rare occasions when I am with a bunch of JW's, I think a lot of the brothers are jealous I have a beard. These brothers only knew me as being clean shaven from youth until I left, and all they ever say when they see me now is, "you look real good". Lol, I like to think its my beard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit