Jw's and beards

by wannaexit 53 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Even so, some brothers might decide not to wear a beard.

Only JW literature could make this kind of lame statement in all seriousness. This conjures up a picture of a clean-shaven brother being mercilessly tickled by the elders until he agrees to grow a beard.

• sir82
    sir82

That paragraph quoted earlier from the September 2016 WT article is a stunning masterpiece of WT doublespeak. It's rare to see their artistry in such absolutely perfect form.

It appears to say something, but actually says exactly nothing.

A more succinct summary:

Are beards allowed? Maybe yes, maybe no, you might or might not be allowed to have one. Confused? Too bad.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Of course, locally bullish BoEs with dictatorial COBEs will still try and insist that beards are offensive in their area.................

Yep, the above is absolutely 100% the case. I know of one brother recently pulled up by the CO about the utter shock he had to see the brother sporting a ( neat trim beard) beard. The CO even asked him to read this September's Watchtower on dress and grooming. He reminded the brother that men don't tend to wear beards in the organisation and to look at the examples of brothers at the assemblys.

As sir82 says re the article....it is doublespeak. Unless the GB send each BOE a letter instructing them to avoid pulling brothers up for simply choosing to grow a beard, there will always be the the over zealous company men ready to pounce on anyone that doesn't tow the line according to THEIR pharasaical rules and standards.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

i just went clean shaved for the first time in a long time, and now this!

That's it. I am going to shave my chest hairs and stick 'em to my face with some Elmer's glue.

Then off to da meetin'.

I'm thinkin'.. if one of the elders comments about it, I'll tell him he can have one too.

"I'm outta chest hair" I'll tell him... "but I'll gladly shave my ass for you".

• compound complex
    compound complex

Was Jesus a redhead?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Was Jesus a redhead?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yes he was.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yes he was.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wonder how photo of me, CC, got re-posted one hour ago . . .

My Canon shot me funny during that particular selfie session.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It sounds more like a PR stunt to appear to members of the public that witnesses are reasonable. We know the reality is that a brother with a beard would not get to give a talk at an assembly !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit