I am trying one out

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Was Jesus a ginger?

Umm Jewish red heads ?

Maybe, but he certainly had a beard.

• Listener
    Listener

There is a discussion on this recent article on this forum and Barold Bonds is correct. The article is not difinitive on the issue.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4899598015397888/beards-september-2016-watchtower

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

wannaexit...

Check out the WT Study Edition Sept 2016 and the article "Does Your Style of Dress Glorify God?"

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-september-2016/does-your-style-of-dress-glorify-god/

17. What are some factors that may affect whether a brother wears a beard?
    17 What about the propriety of brothers wearing a beard? The Mosaic Law required men to wear a beard. However, Christians are not under the Mosaic Law, nor are they obliged to observe it. (Lev. 19:27; 21:5; Gal. 3:24, 25) In some cultures, a neatly trimmed beard may be acceptable and respectable, and it may not detract at all from the Kingdom message. In fact, some appointed brothers have beards. Even so, some brothers might decide not to wear a beard. (1 Cor. 8:9, 13; 10:32) In other cultures or localities, beards are not the custom and are not considered acceptable for Christian ministers. In fact, having one may hinder a brother from bringing glory to God by his dress and grooming and his being irreprehensible.—Rom. 15:1-3; 1 Tim. 3:2, 7.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I guess I can go back to the meetings. My clean shaving days are long over.

• hyperpen
    hyperpen

That's great! Maybe James Harden of the Houston Rockets can convert now!

• zeb
    zeb

well, nice to know Im in fashion.

I recall the eve where a whole section of the min school was devoted to beards and how bad they are I was the only one with a beard. No mention of sisters wearing skimpies to the hall ie the elder who bagged me's daughter being one.

Beards...that's the flip wait for the flop...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They are, but they aren't, but they are, but they aren't, but they are, but they aren't...

...and nothing about the issue will really change.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

@konceptual: It has always been my understanding that what it says in that article is how it was. I don't really see anything new. They usually stayed away from making a direct rule, deferring to local culture, but here in the United States it has been frowned upon based on the feelings about beards from generations ago. Then again, maybe it is an overlapping frown on beards because they just can't make progress and change with the times but always lag behind.

• compound complex
    compound complex

So, what do you think of my Andy Warholesque ginger head & beard? Can't help it people call me Jesus . . . Of course, the JW Jesus is brunet and has a modern cut!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit