Albert Delmont Jones

by vienne 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

Jones was a principal investor in the Knickerbocker Bank of New York City. There was an earlier and defunct bank of the same name. The bank issued its own currency, a common practice at the time. Uncle B is seeking a clear image of one of the bills. He posted a blurry image on his history site. Can you find a better once?

see:

https://truthhistory.blogspot.com/2024/03/a-d-jones-and-knickerbocker-bank.html

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Who was he, and what's the interest?

• vienne
    vienne

A. D. Jones was one of the Watch Tower's first contributors. He started is own magazine, and eventually left Watch Tower fellowship. He came into unexpected wealth, took a mistress, found himself in legal trouble, ran off, and led an adventurous life, eventually dying in a hospital. His grave is under a freeway ramp.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Sounds like a real character! Not really relevant to much that goes on these days, but it makes for an interesting historical footnote. I read a bit about him on the other site. Apparently he had "Royal" as a middle name but eventually dropped using it. As I said before, somewhat of a character.

Edited: Apparently he adopted Royal as his surname! 😱

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Wasn't he the one who funded the printing of a few of the early peripheral Bible Student books, like "What Pastor Russell Said', 'What Pastor Russell Wrote", "Gems from the Mine"?

• vienne
    vienne

drop,

nope. what Russell said was the product of W. Wisdom, published in 1917. Gems is a modern Bible Student work.

Jones financed J. Paton's 1881 book, first ed. only.

• Anony Mous
  • Anony Mous
  • vienne
    vienne

Excellent! Can we find one with the signatures?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit