My mother has nervous breakdown because we missed the memorial.

by cookiemaster 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    My parents insisted that I'd take them to the memorial. My cousin said he'd come too and another brother who doesn't have a car begged to join. I was dreading having to go through exactly the same thing again. Every memorial talk is exactly the same and manages to be even more boring than regular talks. I've even downloaded on my tablet some books to read while attending to alleviate the boredom.

Funny thing is, a huge blizzard started just two hours before the memorial. The road to the KH is on a steep mountain with extremely curvy roads. And I've only had snow tires on the front of my car and without snow tires on all the wheels I would've risked a huge fine from the police. So, I made it clear that we can't take my car. I'm pretty happy about not having to go. Only a bit embarrassed that the brother that relied on me was left without transportation.

My mother on the other hand cried hysterically and almost had a nervous breakdown. It's kinda funny in a sad way. She was almost killed by the JW blood ban. Disfellowshipped for taking blood. Every JW treats her like dirt. Yet, she's still extremely brainwashed by them, despite my best efforts to show her TTAT. Sad.
  • steve2
    steve2

JW mothers show how much they really care by having nervous breakdowns when things don't go their way.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Cookiemaster - Too bad Jehovah did not stop the blizzard from coming in the first place! Shows how much he thinks of his son's sacrifice!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Sorry to read of your mother's problem. Thanks for sharing otherwise. I wonder why Johoba didn't make sure y'all could get there, you know- like sending someone who cares with 4-wheel-drive.
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Cookiemaster,

Are you saying that your parents and the brother you were suppose to provide transportation for all missed the Memorial? They had no other way to get there?

Did they cancel the meeting because of the blizzard?

• steve2
    steve2

Are you saying that your parents and the brother you were suppose to provide transportation for all missed the Memorial? They had no other way to get there?

I hope that's what he is saying!

• pixel
    pixel
    Crazy. Only in WT land.
  • Joliette
    Joliette
    She was crying? Really? OMG.
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    TakeOffTheCrown - English is my second language, so probably I wasn't too clear. Yes, I was the one supposed to provide transportation for them. This is a rather remote mountain area with few people. There's no public transport. I'm the only one among them with a car because all of them wasted their time pioneering instead of working. The only way to the KH is through a 20 mile winding mountain pass that is very dangerous during blizzards.

Everyone else - Thank you for the encouragement! She wasn't only crying. She started screaming insanely. Her blood pressure went up. Tried to calm her down but she was getting even more hysterical. Gave her a Xanax and some blood pressure medication. It was like a crazy, full-on mental breakdown. She's more calm now but still acts like she just attended a funeral. This brainwashing stuff leads to crazy things, I'll tell ya!

And yes, extremely funny how there wasn't a single day with snow in the past month but today. It literally hasn't snowed for months except today when we're having a huge blizzard like the Snowmagheddon is coming. I hope at least some JWs will see the irony in that. Is this Jah showing his disappointment? Where's his blessing? Surely many in the congregation had to miss the memorial this year because of the blizzard. Or is this Satan messing with the weather? I'm sure they'll find some excuse...
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Tell her she can commemorate on her own or with you guys...the building is not important. Tell her does she really think ceremonially rejecting the wine and bread is a good thing anyway...Xanax..isn't that Valium? Mothers little helper?!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit