Just An Update

by LexIsFree 7 Replies latest jw friends

• LexIsFree
    LexIsFree

Hello friends!

I haven't posted or visited the site in a few weeks but I thought I'd give an update on where my life is. Well I've been super busy with my "9 to 5", barbering school, and my second job at a barbershop. I'm about 5 months away from graduating and getting my NJ state barbering license. It's been a long journey but every day is exciting knowing I'm working towards my own goals, not someone else's. Things are going so well at the barbershop that I am actually leaving my 9 to 5 to work at the shop full time. I'm going to be living my dream and working towards having my own shop within the next 5 years. It's not easy to overcome fear or self doubt, but so many of us have done it. You can't go through life living someone else's expectations or dreams. You have to live your own.

I also just got back today from my Dominican Republic vacation with my girlfriend of 2 years. I proposed while there and she said yes!!! I have been blessed to have a woman like her in my life who has helped me on my post JW cult journey. She's opened up my mind to many things and concepts I would never have had access to if I still allowed the cult to influence me.

So basically I'm not stuck at a job I hate cus it's "safe" and what's expected of me. I am working on my dream of being a business owner and working for myself. I'm going to school where I'm learning more about my passion and where I've had the pleasure of meeting good people who I have grown close to (I even went to one of my classmate's wedding a few months ago. Yes not all "worldy" people live in sin. They actually do get married. LOL). I'm engaged to a beautify, kind, warm, loving woman. My children are happy. My non-JW family who I have grown close to since leaving the cult are extremely happy for me. I have balance and hapiness in my life and all because I made the hardest but best decision in my life 2 and ½ years ago. I chose to let go of guilt, fear, and self doubt. I chose to live life for me. To do what was best for me. That choice opened up so many positive doors in my life. I don't regret it not one bit.

I just want the lurkers and those who are afraid to leave the cult to know that there is life after the JWs. There are good people in the world. Good things can and will happen to you with out the JWs. You don't need them. All you need is to embrace who you truly are and not live a lie. Be honest with yourself. I did and I have no regrets. I want to live and die knowing that I lived for me and left a great example for my children of someone who wasn't afraid to pursue his dream. You have one life. Live it!!!!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Glad things are working out for you. Thanks for the update.

• zeb
    zeb
    .. "Live long and prosper"..
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I'm glad for you! Congratulations on your engagement!
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    Thanks Lexisfree for an affirmation of the free and honest life available once outside of the cult.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    I am very happy for you! It is nice to see stories like this to show how leaving this darned cult can be the best life possible. I can relate to where you talk about getting closer to non believing family members. Personally, I have formed some very close bonds with family that I never associated with before. Wish you the best!
  • ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE
    LexIsFree- Your post has made my day - Candid and humble - Thank you so much!
    Your relating how your non-JW family have "taken you into their lives" without conditions just shows how contrived and complicated JW lives are ! So sad really !
    All the best to you and you lady + the kids !
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Congrats!

Be well.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit