Question for science geeks

by rebelfighter 31 Replies latest jw friends

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Nellis,

First, lol I am female. And the reason we cannot explain how to solve the problem is we really do not understand how we get the answers. The answer we get is 100% correct every time but it is not by any taught formulas. When both of us were in school math was boring. When worksheets were handed out we had them completed before the teacher finished handing them out to the class. That is because we knew this stuff at least 2 or 3 years before. My son was in a private school and they allowed him to work at his own pace one year. He did 3 math classes in 9 months.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Nellis,

I looked at your math problem that was elementary math in our book. This is where my daughter would get very frustrated with us we would walk by glance at the paper say 4. How did you get that? Don't know. No clue. Teacher says need to show work. Call someone else.

My daughter turned 25 this past weekend and we discussed this exact topic. She said do you know how frustrating it was growing up with the two of you and trying to understand math. I just laughed and said I am sure we were not much help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit