Question for science geeks

by rebelfighter 31 Replies latest jw friends

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Nellis,

This is the first time for the titanium rod. They will put it in tomorrow just behind my ear. I have to wait for 4 weeks while it heals then I will receive my Baha. This is a hearing device. Because of the medication Cipro which I have taken over the years for never ending ear infections I have sever damage to both ear canals and ear drums making it impossible to have hearing aids. Hearing aids require the use of the ear canal to hear. This way they bypass the ear canal and use the bone to send the message to the brain.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Iown Mylife

Thank you

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Gargamel,

Yes, recently they thought just maybe it was auto-immune so the vampires took 7 vials of blood just to tell me you are very healthy.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Nellis,

The titanium rod is the transmitter for the hearing device.

Mathematics for some reason I do not know why but my son and I were given brains that are naturally wired for mathematics. Neither of us learned math in school for some reason we just knew it. Here is a couple of examples. My son at 3 no exposure started running around the house yelling out 2+2=4, 3+3=6 and so on. I questioned the school he attended and the said no. He was attending a bilingual school so by the time he was in 4th grade he was becoming a handful. The French teacher said I know he gets every word I say but I cannot figure out how he gets it because he never seems to be paying attention. French was definitely a third language for him and not spoken in the home. We took him to a testing center during the middle of the test, the lady called me and said I just read this little boy a calculas problem and without paper and pencil he gave her the answer. If I do not have one of my headaches I can take a grocery receipt and add it up very quickly in my head. When my daughter came along she is six years younger then her brother she did not get this gift. We had to hire a tutor for math because my son and I have no absolute clue how to get the answer to a math problem by solving it we just know what the answer is.

• Nellis
    Nellis

You said, "We had to hire a tutor for math because my son and I have no absolute clue how to get the answer to a math problem by solving it we just know what the answer is."

Now I understand that certain people can do some pretty fantastic math calculations in their heads, but you are claiming that you just know answers without solving the problem. Sorry pop, what you are saying is outside of the realm of reality, therefore it is not reality. Shrinks have better names.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Nellis: You said, "We had to hire a tutor for math because my son and I have no absolute clue how to get the answer to a math problem by solving it we just know what the answer is."
    Now I understand that certain people can do some pretty fantastic math calculations in their heads, but you are claiming that you just know answers without solving the problem. Sorry pop, what you are saying is outside of the realm of reality, therefore it is not reality. Shrinks have better names.

You are being pedantic. I read rebel's words to mean that her and her son do not use the methods of equation solving that is taught in school. This is not unusual for some people

• Nellis
    Nellis

Crow he said and I quote "my son and I have no absolute clue how to get the answer to a math problem by solving it we just know what the answer is."

Schools teach problem solving using equations, he says that he does not get answers by problem solving, that he just knows what the answer is.

So you are mistaken in how you read the post.

Can you get this answer without solving the problem, or do you just know it as well?

http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/Alg/LinearApps_files/eq0008P.gif

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

"So you are mistaken in how you read the post"

I don't think so. I added the human component into my interpretation into how the words were used...not everybody uses the pedantic approach to linguisitic structure at all times

• Island Man
    Island Man

What you can probably do is look at the ingredients present in all the medications that you have had adverse reactions to and see if there is a common ingredient in them all. If there is a common ingredient then you may be allergic to it or maybe your body is unable to process that ingredient.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

IslandMan,

The doctors are at the point that if it is not natural I will have some type of reaction. Just very frustrating.

I wish for some type of test to determine if something is missing in my body that can be corrected so that I can successfully take medicine without all these side effects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit