Truth light and Truth Express could just lead back to Truth v1.0

by Saintbertholdt 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Truth light and Truth Express could just lead back to Truth v1.0

The following is just shooting the breeze, so take the following with a tablespoon of salt:

I've been thinking about the "Something interesting!" thread started by John Aquila where he posted the observation and personal experience that currently an old guard is slowly forming within the Watchtower organization, essentially a fifth column. The membership is currently restricted to older senior witnesses who obviously remember how things used to be and who don't really like the technological/dumbed down 'Truth light' that has slowly gained momentum over the past couple of years.

These adherents claim they are faithful witnesses, and shun the idea that they are apostates but who also feel that the Watchtower leadership has lost its way. Now when these unsanctioned meetings eventually comes to light, as these things tend to do, the organization in the past could have afforded to lose these members, referring to this nascent rebellion as a "harvest sifting", the term used by Russell and also exploited by Rutherford.

But there's a rub. The financial problems brought about by the current Governing Body may very well intensify which could also threaten the viability of the organization. The governing body would have to look for an excuse for why God has supposedly withdrawn his spirit (money). They could now argue that they lost sight of the original goal of being personal Witnesses to Jehovah and this new path was a ploy of Satan's system. This would play nicely into this old guards ideas, consoling them and giving the governing body an emergency parachute for why they financially screwed up so badly. Therefore to make amends they would just return to Truth 1.0:

1. Literature carts will be discarded because sooner or later it will filter upwards that the people manning these carts are just counting time.

2. JW.org will be de-emphasized and the video broadcasts reduced to a trickle.

3. There will be a re-emphasis on using the Bible to personally preach and a return to Witness fundamentalism.

Now this scenario is just a possibility and perhaps not a strong probability (to paraphrase Frederick Franz), but I have to ask: Is this not a reasonable way for this to play out in the foreseeable future?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Real truth 1.0 status was to reset things to pre-1931 status: Bible Students, One-Class heavenly Hope, no disfellowshipping, no "Governing Body", no ban on birthdays and blood transfusions, no "generation" speculation.

Eden

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Dead horses never benefit from flogging..
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Saint, i think your missing the obvious, the first rule of power: those that have it never want to give it up.

The trend is never to be "less organized " or have fewer rules. Its always more more more. They have become more and more like the catholic church with every passing day. I cant see them willingly giving any of that up

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Edenone, nicoulaou and _Morpheus,

Edenone I have a totally different versioning method than yourself:

0.5 - Release Russell - Conditional immortality, Unitarianism and 1914 Armageddon.

0.70 - Release Rutherford - Organizational focus and legally establishing the blah blah. 1914 bug workaround . Major Pyramid bug removed. Some new bugs introduced (1925,1935, 1941)

0.90 - Release Knorr - Last of old buggy beliefs removed (Aluminum hatred, Inoculations etc.). New no-blood feature.

0.95 - Release Franz - 1975 bug introduced but removed with a patch. Fixed date setting is now regarded as the known cause of fatal system errors.

1.00 - Release Henschel - Attempt at 1914 generation bug. Still needs work. No-blood feature causes crashes but workarounds are implemented. First stable release.

1.05 - 2.00 - Release Adams - Attempt at a major upgrade on the 1914 generation. New desktop and widgets. Developers are running low on funds.

Nicolaou,

Dead horses never benefit from flogging..

... but v1.0 was the last stable release.

_Morpheus

Saint, i think your missing the obvious, the first rule of power: those that have it never want to give it up.

I was actually thinking that it may be a way to keep them from losing their power.

New Coke vs. Classic Coke. They had to scrap New Coke in the end.

But this is just shooting the breeze anyway :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit