only preaching is not a way for true christians

by mineralogist 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Could it be that different organisations just work on different ways to promote a christian life? This means while WTS is only active in preaching, others are active in social help, others ... well in other works.

That problem came into our mind by questioning why we are leaving. All encourage us to make something like a list with things we liked - those we didn't like, why we joined the cult - why we want to leave.

I know it is wrong, but just to be sure only preaching is not a way for true christians. We already thought about first "loving Jehova" and second "loving your neighbor" - but is it not love to go to your neighbor and explain god's word?

Please help me with some arguments!

• Maverick
    Maverick

As a person gets farther away from dudland it becomes easier to see that the WTS does not really 'preach'...they push printed material. They are a printing corporation. They use religion as a vehicle to get free labor and tax advantages. What they do is no more akin to what Jesus did than Amway or Mary Kay. The difference is Amway and Mary Kay actually provide tangible products people can use. And using their products will not get you killed or screw up your family and personal life. Even the "Free home bible study" is a scam. Try studing with a dud in your bible and not let them use their literature and see how far you get! Maverick

• little witch
    little witch

Mineral,

I don't want to tell you what to do. All I can say is, I am so happy that you are thinking and feeling all of this out FOR YOURSELVES!!!!!

That is such a major step for anyone leaving the tower. Independant thinking rocks!

And you know what? Asking questions, being cautious, being careful, will protect you from ever being led astray again!

Congratulations to you!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    while WTS is only active in preaching,

But what is the message? They have a false gospel. The WT sales force is tiny compared to what the Mormons are doing. The average dub hates to hear this fact. Not that the Mormons are pedaling a better message. Its seems though the LDS' have a more family oriented presentation.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist
    The difference is Amway and Mary Kay actually provide tangible products people can use.

You mean looking at the WTS only as a company? I think that should work to get the right view. But it's not easy - which no one ever claimed of course - to get religious thinking out of the head when thinking about the past.

• Aaron
    Aaron

To mineralogist,

Peace be with you. Christ said to his disciples, "Go therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.." (Matthew 28:19, 20) Notice he didn't say "Go knocking on doors." In fact, he prohibited them from doing that. Luke 10:7 He tells them, "Go not from house to house."

They were sent out into a city or a village, and to 'search out who in there is deserving.' The Christ said, "No man can come to me unless the Father draws him." (John 6:44). The 'spirit' would tell the disciples who in that 'city' is deserving and that one would approach them and ask. The disciples, in turn would heal the sick, tell them the things they heard from God and be ministers to them. If they were bidded to "dine with certain ones," they would go and dine with them. The only time Jesus 'entered a house' was when he was INVITED to. Zaccheus, the Pharisee, Lazarus, Martha, Mary, etc. all invited him. So he stayed there until he leaved. Anytime "we" were invited, we would stay there until we leave. We are not to go 'knocking on doors' and disturbing the public. We are to go to those whom the holy spirit sends us and help them in any way we can, whether physically, spiritually, or mentally. This is what the Christ means. Not that we should be "ministered to" but that we should "minister to others" the things we have.

• JH
    JH

They actually preach too much. Like you said, they should put more time in helping those in need, "Loving thy neighbour". There are so many ways to help others, other than give literature and promisses that are not about to happen.

They should have 1 meeting a week on how to help others in their day to day misery. They should teach more about human compassion and real forgiveness that how to be productive in placing literature.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

People that haven't had a meal in awhile, or who don't have a place to live, can't eat the Watchtower; and they can barely use it on their heads to protect themselves from the rain, as flimsy as it is.

CG

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Mineralogist said: "only preaching is not a way for true christians"

Well said Mineralogist!

Have you ever heard the Watchtower Society EVER assisting their own poor with food , clothing, shelter and free transportation? I know sisters who rely on public transportation to get to their Kingdom Halls! The Watctower Society does not assist their own poor - they take from them, instead!

Have you ever noticed the type of cars the Circuit Overseers drive? The most expensive cars I have ever seen!

AAF

• Faraon
    Faraon

Aaron,

Christ said to his disciples, "Go therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the , teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.." (Matthew 28:19, 20)

I have a problem with these verses:

1) Why did Jesus tells his disciples to baptize the future disciples in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the holy spirit but the bible never tells us of anyone being baptized in the name of the three? There is a mention of people being baptized by the holy spirit, in the name of Jesus, even in the name of Paul, but never as ordered by Jesus.

2) Why, if Jesus order the disciples to make disciples of NON-JEWS, did it take them years to accept them into their religion, and supposedy took an act of Jehovah's angel/dream to do so? Was the holy spirit sleeping all this time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit