Is or was JEHOVAH GOD partial , and still is ?

by smiddy3 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I mean for the fact that he only dealt with and chose one body of people ?

Whatabout all of the other bodies of people all around the earth at that time ?

Apparently he didn`t care much for them !

Why couldn`t he have embraced all of mankind living on the earth at that time and taken them under his wing ?

My conclusion is GOD, by whatever name you call him, can`t possibly exist .

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

The idea was with the Israelites they were his chosen people as long as they lived upto his requirements and then anyone could choose to join.

So he would not be impartial if he allowed other to join his chosen people

That’s what we are told today God chose the early Bible students over 100 years ago now and even though they didn’t get many things right back then the light would slowly get brighter and anyone could join them, that what all the scriptures about the good news being preached to every tribe and nation

im just playing devils advocate here, this is what the JDubs would say

I myself and going through huge doubts about lots of things, more than doubts now as I do not believe the governing body are inspired by God due to them pushing the vaccines

but when it comes to where the universe came from I believe intelligent design over chance, but who was the intelligent designer if not God? I just don’t know now, I’m going through a confusing time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I believe at the time, China was a fully fledged empire much more fully advanced than the goat herders of the Bible. Why didn't God choose them instead? Perhaps because there is no God to do any real choosing.

The God of the Bible is no more than a narcissistic monster. That's before we even start to debate the existence of a God/s in any religion.

• waton
    waton

Who said the chosen were chosen? --the chosen.

It is like the wt quick builds, "only with the deity's spirit" . In the mean time, the mean worldly Chinese build hospitals, skyscrapers much quicker and more finished.

I once lived in a 1000 year reich. so these people said about themselves.

David, " a man according to the deity's heart" , so he said, an adulterous murderering war criminal.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I believe it was his friendship with Abraham that precluded the nation he chose...and as was mentioned, others could convert ( the Ruth, Rahab, to name a couple.)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

In much of the ancient world gods were regional patrons of the local people. The writers of the OT make this clear, Yahweh was their god whereas Chemosh,, for example, determined the possession of land for the Ammonites and Moabites.

Do you not possess what aChemosh your god gives you to possess? So whatever the Yahweh our God has driven out before us, we will possess it.

The failure to bless the local patron deity with gifts and worship was understood to result in loss and hardship. Amazingly when peoples traveled to other lands they routinely gave gifts and prayers to the local deities to ensure passage and prosperity while in that land. The Egyptians even set up small shrines to local deities throughout Palestine which actually place the Egyptian Hathor in a subservient position to the local gods. The deities of the Levant were even honored back home in Egypt for the purpose of protecting Egyptian interests and family living there. Similarly, an industry of producing amulets or blessing totems for Yahweh for those passing through Israel/Judah existed as in many other places.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit