The Netherlands - Upcoming peaceful protest to commemorate the effect of sexual abuse in closed communities such as JW (october 6th)

by Anders Andersen 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Facebook event link here

Translation of the Dutch event description:

Foundation Reclaimed Voices organizes a peaceful protest to commemorate the effects of sexual abuse within closed religious communities such as Jehovah's Witnesses.

The location of the protest offers room to about 200 people. It would be nice if we could be present with a nice group. People who experienced abuse, bystanders and allies who commemorate the effects of abuse within (closed) religious communities together, and who advocate for an environment in which every child can grow up safely.

Currently a dignified program that suits the goal of this protest is being put together. Among other things, persons who have faced sexual abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses will be remembered by symbols and music. There will also be room to express your sadness, anger or concern in your own appropriate, dignified way.

Furthermore a manifesto will be handed to the mayor of Emmen [the town where Bethel is], who has promised to be willing to accept the manifesto.

Because the area where this protest is organized is limited in space and we want to have an overview of the people who plan to be there, we expect you to sign up for the protest in advance. Further details of the protest, such as the exact location, will be shared with those who signed up at a later time.

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

Anyone else going today? I am on my way there now to offer my support.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Emmen is only an hour drive for me, but with a very much pimi wife I can't afford to go.

Let us know how it went?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit