Letter # 3 to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

by WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM
    WITNESS-FOR-WATCHTOWER-REFORM

Hi everyone,

Below is my latest letter sent to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Regards

JM

The Governing Body

Service department of Jehovah’s Witnesses

2821 Route 22

Patterson

New York

12563 15/06/2016

Dear Brothers,

I would like to inform you that I have made a very important decision in my life. I would firstly like to stress that this is not an official letter of disassociation. The reason being, that I need to keep in contact with my family and friends, as I am sure you can fully understand. In saying that however, I regret to inform you that I no longer identify myself as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses whenever possible. I will however, continue - for the time being - to associate with the witnesses at my local Kingdom Hall to keep up appearances; and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me in my path through life as a Christian.

I now fully consider myself a ‘Christian bible student’ and worship Jehovah in a ‘spirit of love’, whilst experiencing liberty in Christ (Gal 5:22, 2 Cor 3:15-17). This is a very different spirit to the Organisation / JW.ORG , in that many Jehovah’s Witnesses worship Jehovah in a ‘spirit of fear’ primarily due to your very strict, rigid, controlling Talmudic type teachings, rules and policies.

On the other hand, I have been very encouraged by the website ‘Friends of Jehovah’s Witnesses’. As a result of my research, my faith and zeal is slowly beginning to return again, similar to the days when I first studied with the witnesses over two decades ago, until I began to experience the control the watchtower society had over my life. From what I have learned on the ‘Friends of Jehovah’s Witnesses’ website, is that these groups were the original bible students, who like Charles Taze Russell, worshiped Jehovah in a spirit of Love. This spirit of love prevailed until the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was taken over and led on another path by Judge Rutherford, bringing in a spirit of fear with HIS teachings, interpretations and organisational rules.

As an act of Christian love, I urge you brothers to read the many articles and listen to the Audio recordings of the conference calls on the website ‘Friends of Jehovah’s Witnesses. These true meaningful Christian bible students show a spirit of love by allowing the brothers to speak about their faith and views on the scriptures without fear. These brothers speak freely without being judged or labelled as ‘mentally diseased’ apostates. Even though they may have varying views on some scriptures or teachings, they are fully united in Christ; united in a spirit of love. Their example speaks volumes.

So brothers, I hope this letter helps to explain my current position as a Christian. Though I no longer view myself specifically as Jehovah’s Witness (preferring instead to view myself as a ‘Christian bible student’), I will always remain a friend of Jehovah’s Witnesses, who in my mind – though misled at this time - are sincere Christians.

I would like to thank you for reading my letter brothers and sincerely hope you bring about a spirit of love by getting rid of all your unnecessary rules and policies that have and continue to cause so much hurt, pain and stumbling to the brothers world wide. Love is the key. 1 Corinthians Chapter 13

Your brother in Christ

J M

Witness for Watchtower reform

• jacobm
    jacobm

Hey J M!

If you sent this already, you might as well resign from the JWs (if they don't DF you automatically). You will be seen as an Apostate. Plus, it is clear you love truth WAY too much to be a JW. You will never fit in.

The Bible Students are very nice folks. Perhaps I know some of the ones you have had contact with?

One should keep in mind that, from my understanding, many (possibly most) of them believe that C.T. Russell was the "Faithful & Discreet Slave" and/or the 7th Messenger (in Revelation). Some emphasize this more than others, however.

Just keep testing! Acts 17:11

PM me anytime!

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

They are a cult. They will alert your BOE and the judicial process will begin. I hope you are prepared to lie or be disfellowshipped.

• sir82
    sir82

LOL.

So I'm sure you'll tell us about the personal replies you're getting from each GB member, right?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Instant DA I'm afraid...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit