Symbolic Burning of WBTS items

by Mysterious 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Anyone else feel a bit of pyro in them and want to burn WBTS stuff when they got out?

I have a small stash of a few things somewhere that I want to torch, no books or anything but I have some assembly badge cards, several old identity cards (the kind kids always had to carry just in case!), and the full version card mom got last year in anticipation of me wanting one when I get baptised next summer. Yeah right mom dont plan on it, I'm getting out.

I know of a few people that had book burnings and such. They say fire is purifying, I just say there's a bit of pyro in us all.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is well and good, if it helps you.

As an alternative, you might want to consider selling those items on Ebay - then taking the money you exchange them for and buy yourself a suitably "wicked" bit of exit memorabilia (anything that seems appropriate for you).

You might be surprised to find that someone might want to buy that blank card, for example.

The important thing is that what you do works for you in a good way.

• Piph
    Piph

I threw away most of my lit, but I'm saving the new Children's book for a fire. 8-)

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Nathan, couldn't there be legal implications if I was caught selling the card though? In theory only dubs are supposed to be able to get them because they identify them as such, would leave them open to impersonations and such I would think. I'm not really in a position to sell stuff anyway though, certainly wouldn't sell the stuff with my name on it.

I imagine my good dub mother will re-absorb my literature. I'm keeping my CD to pull quotes from though.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't think anyone wants to buy an identity card - get real!!!???

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I know of a few people that had book burnings and such.

I have to confess,I am one of the "few people" that did a little book burning on my way out.Mind you this was way back in 1981 when we didn't have E-BAY Little did I know.Oh well I guess she is just a chip off the old block. "Wave to my daughter Mysterious"

Poztate

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

When I first left the JWs I thought about burning my Watch Tower library. Instead I sold it for $120.00 to a Ministerial Servant who was studying to be an Elder.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I still have my books and magazines. I put them all in storage. Wasn't sure why I kept them but I didn't want them in the house taking up space either.

The only thing I ever wanted to burn was the wedding pictures of my soon to be ex and I. In the end I shredded them.. there was some satisfaction in cutting him to pieces.. (er I mean the pictures of course)

~~Sassy~~

• Poztate
    Poztate

I just found a better way to get rid of the trash. Don't use burning. We could use ANTI- MATTER to destroy it.

It should do the job just fine. At least the Your will be done book of 1958 thinks this would be a good way of getting rid of the trash...dead bodies etc after the soon,fast approaching,on the thresh hold etc. etc. etc. battle of armageddon is fought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit