anyone from Belvidere or Rockford, IL?

by LuckyNun 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I'm trying to find David Hunter. we were in the same congregation in Belvidere, IL. I ran away from home when he was in Bethel. when I came back to visit, I'd heard he'd either been DF'ed or DA'ed himself. we used to have some of the best debates while out in service. I kept trying to convince him that he was a "sinner" like me. if anyone knows what he's up to these days, I'd love to talk to him again. he'd be about 30 now.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I ran away from home when he was in Bethel.

Does that make you a waif? How cool is that?! :-) You may be the first waif I've met online (though I meet plenty hanging out at the big city bus station).

My ex is from Sterling/Rockfalls, I'll ask her if she knows the name. It's a small, incestious place, northern IL, so we can hope!

Welcome to the forum, hope you make it a habit, LuckyNun.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    It's a small, incestious place, northern IL, so we can hope!

LOL @ 6of9

I grew up in Barrington, Illinois...da burbs of Chicago....knew people in the Carol Stream, Barrington, Elgin, and Algonquin Congreagtions....

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I don't know David Hunter but my ex-sister-in-law was from Belvidere. Do you know Chrissie Gomez?

Ex of 6 of 9

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Let the incest begin!

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

holy crap! yeah, I know Chrissie Gomez. her sister Debi and my sister Lisa were best friends. her brother Eric was one of those JW-Lite kids, who never got teased at school and somehow managed to stay off the elders' shit list. mainly because his dad was an elder for a while.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

very small world, indeed. the jw world, that is. i remember Debi and Eric. i think Eric played drums in my brother's (Chrissie's ex) garage band.

is Chrissie still df'ed or did she get sucked back in?

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I've been gone since late 1993, so I'm horribly behind the times with the Belvidere Congregation. apparently, most of the people I grew up with moved away, and there's a bunch of new families. my parents are still outcasts, so they never know any dirt.

• freein89
    freein89

Hi! I don't know the person you are looking for but I lived in Mendota for a while when I was a kid. Good luck on your search.

Deb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit