Therapy with an EXJW therapist that’s working for me

by Exjwjohn 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Exjwjohn
    Exjwjohn

For years after leaving I was afraid of going to therapy or seeking help with a counselor to unpack my Jehovah’s Witness upbringing and shunning. I think one of the things I like the most about therapy with an exjw therapist is that I dont have to explain every detail. She knows my issues and it saves time and $$ in sessions. I hope this referral helps someone who is searching out talk therapy and would prefer to meet with someone who has experienced the same JW upbringing. https://exjwcounseling.com/ Lisa Magdalena. Does anyone else have any therapists they’ve worked with who were previously exjw that they can suggest?

• Biahi
    Biahi

I clicked on your link, thank you! Very informative! 👍

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I think she will do well.

RB

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was lucky to find an excellent, fully qualified Therapist who saved my life, after being persuaded to go to one by the good Posters on here, having left the Borg. with all the damage of a lifetime in, I was suicidally depressed, I had worked out how to do it painlessly for me, not for my family obviously !

This Therapist, in the U.K and now long retired, had worked with XJW's and J.W's still in, so she knew a lot, and was an excellent Therapist, bless her !

It may not be possible to find an XJW Therapist where you live, but one such as the above, experienced and understanding, about people leaving or having left an Authoritarian Mind Control Group. Good Luck and all the best !

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

I have been recently working with a councillor locally who introduced me to the ‘Karpman Drama Triangle’. An eye-opener if there ever was one.

All I can say is she turned my life right around, not easy since I am in my middle seventies, having been a raving lunatic JW for six decades, but now I am even more determined never ever to have anything whatsoever to do with them.

I received help as a result of visiting the local ‘Robert Horrell’ centre at the local hospital, (my husband has metastatic cancer, and it appears I am able to receive help from them as his next of kin and sole carer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit