When The SHTF.

by Lost in the fog 9 Replies latest social current

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

We have several non-jdub friends who are busy stockpiling foods and goods for the impending societal collapse. Some are happy enough to be called preppers, others are not, but say that looking at the deteriorating condition of the world that it's only a matter of time before the SHTF and they want to be prepared to protect themselves and their families when it happens.

Contrast that to the jdubs who are actively telling people that the end of the world is coming, but aren't preparing in a practical way because they have been brainwashed by a "Jehovah has always protected his servants" mindset from the GB at HQ (who laughingly have no reason to be concerned because they're hoping for a quick getaway up to heaven when the JW 'end of the world' comes!)

The most the average jdub has is a go-bag rucksack in case they have to quickly leave their house in the event of a natural disaster like a flood or a wildfire.

Isn't it better to be safe than sorry? Proverbs 22:3 "The prudent see danger and take cover".

I haven't bought it, but one of our Prepper friends recommended Ted Riley's book "When Crisis Hits Suburbia: A Modern-Day Prepping Guide to Effectively Bug in and Protect Your Family Home in a Societal Collapse." (Suburban Prepping for the Modern Family to Prepare for Any Crisis) if any of you are interested.

https://amzn.eu/d/9iKnqYf

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I think it is good to be somewhat prepared, but there is time and unforeseen occurrance...If you have plenty and the multitude around you are starving, they will kill you to get your stash! Of course the elite can buy underground luxury bunkers with store houses of food...They hope to out live any disaster...Some don't believe in God Almighty, but if he exists, can anyone really hide? and can he not miraculously save whomever he chooses? I think balance is called for.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It depends on where you live. The US isn’t seeing any impending societal collapse, despite what the media like to tell. Although things have deteriorated in the last 2 years, the likelihood of something really bad happening is very low.

Now if you live in Europe, especially the Northern and Western countries, then you are going to see food and fuel shortages shortly, there probably won’t be a famine although more elderly than normal will freeze to death.

Live in Africa or Eastern Europe and it does well to always prepare for war.

Now it’s very interesting to see JWs prepare for this, as Jehoover should protect his people, so prepping would indicate lack of faith. Moreover they can’t have weapons, so what real-world value is their prepping when the S really HTF other than supplying the bands of roving criminals.

Yes, it is a good idea to have a few days of supplies and a go-bag if you live in an area prone to disaster (California for example). But most preppers only prepare for 5-30 days, then what, societal collapse implies you will starve to death once supplies run out unless you have a sustainable source of food (you live in the boonies and can hunt/grow crops)

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The jw go bag is to get you to a refugees center only. Then let whomever take care of you. It depends where you live if it will be flood, wind, earthquake, fire. Add in kids away at school, dad at work, traffic gridlocked, cell phones out. Know your neighbors even if not witnesses. Bosnia showed no single man survived, took cooperation and taking lives. The preppers never consider the life expectancy of a grunt soldier. 30 minutes. So that 9 with 5 mags, and your thousand 5.56 are overthought. As for hunting, rats, mice, grasshoppers, worms, and snares, no noise.

In The big deals an old man and woman will not last long anyway. Sayonara. I will have to disable any gun I can not take.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

A good JW would stockpile two things: a stack of literature to hand out, and all the faith they can muster. After all, God will provide! There's no way it ends with them starving to death and being eaten by rampaging marauders, who then use the pamphlets as toilet paper.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Good grief !

• Diedsuddenly
    Diedsuddenly

JWs have been told to have a go bag ready and even to store a reasonable amount of food

they also have plans in place on a group level for the group overseers to check on everyone in their group and see who needs help

they always quote that scripture about a redistribution of those who have plenty to those in need

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

they also have plans in place on a group level for the group overseers to check on everyone in their group and see who needs help

Except that two and a half year of plandemic lock-down has show beyond doubt that in practice they do not, and WILL NOT! These self-important group over-sneers have for the most part ignored the needs of their assigned group members from what my sources tell me. If they cannot be "faithful in what is least" how the Hell will they be " faithful also in much?"

When the SHTF any JW with an I.Q. larger than their shoe size had better be ready and able to fend for themselves or be willing to accept the consequences of foolishly trusting men to take care of them.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Here's some sound advice.

https://www.ready.gov/

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LOST IN THE FOG:

In the case of some JWs, they act like it’s going to be Exodus II and that some miraculous event is going to occur!.. My question to one of them was: where are you going?

Other than that, I do see the sense of being prepared at least to the best of your ability. There is a YouTube video I like with a sensible guy called 13 Things Not to Do When the SHTF. It’s practical advice that anybody can use. We can’t all be true preppers because what if someone lives in an apartment. They obviously can’t have an underground bunker, etc.

He makes a good point that it should be about sheltering in place with your supplies, unless somebody is forced to leave.. If people bug out and hit the road they have to have a destination..or else they are just a ‘glorified refugee’.. (I’m sure there is also the danger of what people would encounter on the roads on their way to wherever.😮)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit