AWAKE! NO. 5 2016 - THE IRONY IS AMAZING

by ttdtt 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I thought it was funny seeing this in the latest awake in the article about Aristotle.

I am sure there are greater ironies in WT literature - but at the moment I can't think of one.

"The read to much into the bible" WOW!

• sir82
    sir82

So what secret code-book allows the WTS to determine which verses use "poetic language", and which verses "accurately touch on scientific matters"?

On what basis are they able to determine that Psalm 104:5 is using "poetic language" while Job 26:7 is "accurately touching on a scientific matter"?

So Isaiah 65 - lions eating straw, wolves and lambs feeding together, and so on - maybe that is "poetic language" too? If not, how do you determine that it is supposed to be literal prophecy?

Idiots. If they had half a brain among the lot of them, they'd be dangerous.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

It is also rather funny that they use quotes from the book of Job. Most bible scholars acknowledge that Job was not a product of Jewish/Israelite authorship but came from 'somewhere' else. In other words, their best proof of the scienticity of the bible comes from a book written by pagans.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So what secret code-book allows the WTS to determine which verses use "poetic language", and which verses "accurately touch on scientific matters"? ~ sir82

I think that would be the "secret-code" of the Holy Spirit. If you doubt me, just ask Tony, Sam, Geoff, etc etc

Doc

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The arrogance is breath taking, truly.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

And Genesis describes a global flood and humans created in Mesopotamia 6000 yrs ago.

Both scientifically accurate,,,,,,,,,,,Not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit