Ricky Gervais's new show Supernature

by LoveUniHateExams 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I haven't seen it but I know it's put a lot of trendy people's panties in a bunch, lol.

Yes, he makes savage jokes about current affairs and trans activism. No, that doesn't mean Gervais hates trans people or is transphobic.

The way I see it, making jokes about trans issues is kinda evidence that trans stuff is becoming established. Gervais is an equal opportunities b@st@rd - he takes the piss out of pretty much everyone, including himself.

What do trans activists want? Do they want equality or do they want special treatment? Because they can't have both ...

PS - have you seen the show? Was it good?

• Freemail
    Freemail

Yep. I thought it was excellent. His critique on what constitutes offence was spot on.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Freemail - I haven't seen it yet, but I have seen some of his other stand-up shows.

I was a bit surprised at first because the humour at his stand-ups is kinda broader than his writing in sitcoms such as The Office and Extras.

Still, I thought he was pretty funny, except for Politics. I was expecting political take-downs and criticisms and got neither.

But Gervais is good at laughing at taboo stuff, lol ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit