Have you been featured in a Watchtower publication or on jw.org?

by George One Time 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• George One Time
    George One Time

Maybe you were considered a good example or a picture was needed.

Can you give some background of the procedure? How about the vetting?

If you cannot give away your identity, that is fine. Otherwise can you give a link or a scan of the article?

Just curious!

• jaydee
    jaydee

Well, they have shown Me sitting on my heavenly throne a few times over the years.....

but I don't like to brag about it.........

Image result for man sitting on toilet emoji

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

No...we were NEVER considered "exemplary." Our Daddies did not have a lot of money or wine and dine the GB members. My spouse and I were considered weak (aka losers). Thank God...it is why we are where we are today....FREE!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I suspect it depends on how 'featured' the person is.... but is also why the WT uses a large variety of different people, rather than using the same ones.

I'd presume the basic pool would be bethelites, appointed brothers with wifes & regular pioneers, within congregation meeting catchment area of each bethel/branch office

This would probably give a reasonable number - especially when you consider the number of offices around the world, even if they are reducing now.

I suspect that with the monthly broadcasts, they've needed to broaden out a bit

But as ToesUp says, it would be 'exemplary' publishers - so that's people who would be qualified to auxiliary pioneer/be used on platform at Regional Conventions - though I'd expect it would be more akin to the qualifications for being a Regular Pioneer - ie: not reinstated within the last five years, not reproved by a judicial committee for wrongdoing within the last three years.

For general background or groups of people (ie those making up the congregation in a KH scene,or street scene) they're probably not so strict - say just 'publishers' in good standing.

FWIW Barbara Anderson and her husband have been included on TWO FRONT COVERS -

Awake 8 October 1986

Awake 22 July 1992 (4th from left)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

About ten years ago Sister's teenage daughter was included in one of the pics in the Watchtower, so I guess the Elders in the congregations pass the word about certain families that appear steadfast for da troof. I wonder though, since the mom in this family told me back then they were getting HBO for free without paying TimeWarner and she used to run a su-su , that's like the pyramid scheme where folks put in money every week and one person gets paid off, I just wonder if they shared that secret with the Elders, or maybe the person that recommended their daughter was in on the cable and money scheme as well ?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

I know a whole family who has been in the paradise tract. But I don't know the process. All I know is that they told me that they grabbed an actual picture in which they appear, and they changed the dog for a lion, and they changed the boy's facial expression... he was sad. Needed him to be happy in paradise!!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I had a relative's life story in the WT. They needed an up to date picture so I took one. What they didn't know was that I was disfellowshipped at the time.

Quiet snigger when I saw the picture in the mag.

The original story written by my relative was sanitised for publication.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I had family featured in a recent yearbook.

Members of which left the organization mind you! Somehow they didn't mention that part in the yearbook...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A thought struck me too that based on the average number that leave the "truth", at least a few of the ones featured each month on JWORG will end up joining ones like us in the "awakened class"!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Gorbatchov could be seen in an official WT presentation as delegate in Moscow 1993, a picture of some delegates active making notes of the program. Gorbatchov was showed sleeping during the program, a bad example.

I was loyal and active. Our congregation was laughing seeing me in a deep rest.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit