WTBTS of Britain - in the deepest of holes!

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

The Britain branch of JW’s has been afforded significant but involuntary exposure in the media recently. This is principally because of the investigation of the Charities Commission in a congregation in the suburbs of Manchester as well as an investigation into the Britain Branch of JW’s itself.

If a job is being done well, it normally withstands scrutiny. For many years, I have noted the WTBTS’s message and exhortation to brothers and sisters to be make application of Romans 13:1,2 – “Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God….. Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of god; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgement against themselves.”

A friend of mine sent me some links about the WTBTS of Britain being in the news. Well, I thought I couldn’t be shocked anymore! Probably you are aware of these news items, but here they are for you just in case….

Victoria Derbyshire TV programme and shunning....

https://youtu.be/hYzBJz8X9y4

BBC News - JW's let paedophile interrogate victims....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qh1KIZzHFfg

BBC Radio 4 - Sunday programme.

Kathleen Hallisey a lawyer for survivors and Harvey Grenville, Head of Investigations and Enforcement at the Charity Commission...... (forward to about 33 minutes).....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08z97zy

What is revealed in these documentaries and news items is truly shocking and egregious. No apologies like that offered by the RC Church, the Church of England, and the Methodist Church. Remember that exhortation to the rank and file (Romans 13:1,2)?

My assessment….

They have sought to avoid scrutiny rather than withstand it! They have trampled over their own advice based on Romans 13:1,2 and sought to obstruct / frustrate the due process and functioning of the "higher authorities"

The WTBTS of Britain exemplify that which is cold, remote, focused on and preoccupied with self. It is far far removed from any paradigm of love which it superficially projects of itself. They are the very ones who demonstrate “having a form of Godly devotion but proving false to it’s power…” (2 Tim 3:5). No wonder many in Britain are now turning away as the Bible suggests.

In its most recent yearbook, the WTBTS of Britain reports a publisher increase of a mere 26 despite just under 3000 being baptised in the same period. I look forward to what the next report states.

• Half banana
    Half banana

That lack of cooperation with the authorities is significant despite their own routine preaching of Rom 13:1,2.

This demonstrates the glib way they quote scriptures like a knee jerk but don't actually believe it unless it suits their cultic purpose.

I commented recently on exactly the same point Nicholas, unlike the contrite churches of 'Babylon' they don't and won't apologise for the thoughtless way they have handled child abuse cases and there are two reasons.

1 they imagine they are a special religion above the law (absurd)

2 they say they are being Biblical in demanding "two witnesses" (stupid, out of date and harmful)

Both of these reasons inform the proper authorities that they are putting their own dogma above human values to the detriment of the very lives of their members.

One further point; Jehovah's Witnesses are in a real sense themselves abused by their leaders, they have to conform or be punished, they have no freewill to determine how they live.The point I am stressing is that abused people are groomed to be compliant to the people who control them. The GB through the Watchtower groom them on a weekly basis.

The governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses have a lot to answer for and let's hope the Charities Commission and the BBC make some big waves.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent video. Thank you.

• LV101
    LV101

NK -- Thanks for the video.

• krismalone
    krismalone

Thanks for the video. The pedophile Paradise needs to be exposed.

• zeb
    zeb

excellent video.

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

Great video thank you for sharing this

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Half banana - "...Both of these reasons inform the proper authorities that they are putting their own dogma above human values to the detriment of the very lives of their members..."

Unsurprising, really.

They've all but stated explicitly that individual human life has virtually no intrinsic value (when compared to the advancement of "The Truth")...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BTW, would there happen to be a singular individual in the UK who seems to be distinguishing him/herself in the exposure of the Org?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit