Apathy carts - Apathy D-2-D

by Zoos 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Zoos
    Zoos

I think it was PUNKOFNICE who came up with the phrase, "apathy carts". How apropos.

Yesterday I encountered a car group of Witnesses in my community as I was coming home from the gym. Actually, their van was blocking me from entering my driveway. I saw that they had just left my doorstep and were climbing back into the van. I waited patiently, even smiled politely. As the driver pulled forward he gave me an obvious apologetic look for blocking the drive. I winked, nodded... no harm done.

I didn't recognize any of them. I know they didn't recognize me. Why didn't they come back to my door after they knew I was home. I saw them pull into my neighbor's drives as they worked on down the street, but they never came back to the house where they KNEW someone was home now.

Apathy needs no cart.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Why didn't they come back to my door after they knew I was home.

Evidently, they returned invisibly.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Not surprising. It shows there were there in name only to count time. Be glad they kept going!

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I wonder if anyone has ever run over those apathy carts? The carts themselves I mean not the people with them of course.

Might be fun to watch, see the bible's, mags, and brochures go flying...

Not to mention the faces of the JW's

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Evidently, they returned invisibly.

I believe the new Field Service Report slips have not only a place where you may count your video "showings," but also a column for "Invisible Return Visits."

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    I remember not wanting to be the person knocking if I suspected someone was home. And if someone was out raking their yard or tinkering in their garage we would mostly skip those too because the people were "busy".
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The guy in the van has broken the ice with you, had a "relationship" with you.

So why didn't they run back to you, you're a nice guy, they've gotta try and save you - and soon!!!

I'll tell you why - cos they don't reaaally believe in an imminent armaggedon, deep down. JW ism is "just their religon", just like any other religon now. Probably will be till they die, and there will be less and less contact with "the public"as times goes on. Like other Christian denominations they will evangelize, but basically rely on a 'vertical'increase in membership from the children of those baptized.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Likewise, my Catholic grandfather, who liked talking to anyone, asked me why the JWs walked on by and didn't talk to him while he was working in the front yard.

He needed to be behind the door . . .

CC

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, the driver did acknowledge you....maybe that "was your witness"?

Oh, and if he smiled, then looked away, and smiled again at you, that was "a return visit"!

• hoser
    hoser
    They're just putting in time to be part of the group

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit