So, Christimas....

by Phaedra 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Love the music.color, season's greetings, etc. Even have a desktop tree.

Neighbors on the block are all lit up (since Thanksgiving = awesome!). The colors are gorgeous!

Our house is quiet (1JW dub believer + 1 former JW agnostic = compromise).

At my temp job they pinned a tiny stocking full of candy to the outside of my cubical. They will never know what that REALLY means to me, 25 years of my childhood and early adulthood sacrificed to an organization that demonized everything worthwhile as off-limits and gave nothing in return.

I love this time of the year. And the time off. And hate it because I can never relate on the level of a normal person. December 25 is the loneliest day of the year for me.

Anyway, Happy Christmas, fellow j-w.com's. I'll never know what it's really like to be a kid at Christmas, but I can imagine it's pretty cool and wonderful, based on all the times I played with my best friend's toys during our school's xmas vacation.

If you're inclined, can you PM me so I can Season's greet you with a personal Merry Christmas? My creativity yearns to express itself. I just need some kindred spirits to do so.

Phae

• Aroq
    Aroq
    I love this and it helps me give to my children in two days. Thank you for sharing, and I love you.
  • talesin
    talesin

Here's the Christmas collection of Simon's cat, hope it makes you laugh. Merry Christmas, and a happy solstice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNfGVE-_rms

• smiddy
    smiddy

Happy XMAS to you Phaedra and everyone else who responds to your post

smiddy

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year too!

Isn't it crazy what we go through to gain the freedom to say that? This year I'm doing as much as I can to bring the joy of the season to my husband without tripping his jdubb meter. So far, so good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit