Intersting Visit from our local JWs yesturday

by little_Socrates 62 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    They say "I am sorry I didn't see a sign"

Yes, just like there are none for armageddon(tm).

Mind you, it's better than smelling like sewage. But....do they realise, they shouldn't be spending money on perfume, all they need is good old soap and water and then they can give more money to the governing body.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yeah that's what I thought to Steve a little over kill.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Actually I agree with the OP 100%, for those who unfortunately suffer from sever migraines fragrances can be an instant killer to every thing we do in life. My home, my lifestyle, my life 24/7 is controlled by what I can and can not do to prevent the next migraine. I take a migraine preventative medication most people who take this drug take 25 to 50 mg to control their migraines, John Hopkins Hospital found the correct dosage to be 200 mg for mine. So yes your fragrances to some of us are very toxic, very unfortunately.
  • little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

rebelfighter thank you for your support.

Unfortunately it is obvious in this thread that the vast majority people have NO IDEA how severe a fragrance sensitivity can be. Since you have never experienced it you are cold to other peoples complaints. Well maybe you say well I am sensitive also... but I deal with it so you must as well. If you have that attitude there is no way in the world you understand my plight (mine doesn't sound nearly as severe as rebelfighter).

You overwhelm me with the wrong scent... I will be sick for DAYS. No sorry I will not just "deal with it".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Je.suis.oisif - "My son-in-law, who is a 3x vet of the Afghan conflict asked him a question about cave paintings found in France believed to pre-date the WBTS's teachings regarding human history. His answer 'lies, Satan's lies' I'm like wtf!"

Didn't you know?

Anything that doesn't affirm WT ideology is "Satan's lies"...

x

...even the stuff that's true.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

For a Migraine suffer even if you are not in a headache.... strong chemical scents can cause overwhelming pain! Unfortunately your sense of smell is connected to your emotional part of your brain on a deep level. So it affects you very very deeply.

Virtually everybody has some sensitives... For some it is scent, others visual, others it will be touch and other ir might be sound, others it is motion (car sickness) Even though most people experience some sensitivities they are completely callous to people who experience difference sensitives.

What If my OP had said JW's came to my door, and when I answered it they flashed a laser light in my eyes... Or what at if I said as soon as I opened the door they started playing extremely loud music. Or what if I said they constantly touched me after I opened the door.

I am sure if I had used any of those previous examples... I would have tons of support. All of those things are rude and unacceptable. What you have to understand... even though you as well are sensitive to those sensations.

How come when it comes to lights and sound and touching we have to be polite... but not when it comes to fragrances. If some one shines a bright light in your eyes you can close your eyes. If noise is too loud, you can put in ear plugs. If touch bothers you you can move away from the offender.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I am sure if I had used any of those previous examples... I would have tons of support. All of those things are rude and unacceptable. What you have to understand... even though you as well are sensitive to those sensations.- LS

I don't think I am being callous when I say I want to wear fragrances. It's not rude to smell of fragrances. All you're other examples are people doing things deliberately so upset others. I can see your perspective LS, but it's clear you don't see other peoples perspective. If a close friend told me my fragrance hurt them, I would not wear it when I was with them, but I will not stop wearing fragrance because the person next to me in the supermarket might get a migraine from it.

If a person has a disability or sensitivity they should not expect the whole of humanity to change for them, they need to adopt strategies to cope with their disability or sensitivity. You need to understand people who wear perfume are not deliberately being rude, and I think that it's this point that you don't grasp LS.

Can you see my perspective too?

Kate xx

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

The only way to avoid fragrances it to not breathe.

That is not an option!

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Kate as long as you use a very reasonable amount I would probably be okay with it.

What is wrong with this rule.... Your personal fragrances should not be noticeable outside of your own personal space. Am I being unreasonable here?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I agree with you, Little_Socrates. Scent can have dire consequences for some people.

I realize that people are defensive about ensuring that their personal boundaries extend far beyond their bodily space with their fragrance, but...it can be rude to wear fragrance in some environments.

And no, I don't think it is the responsibility of homeowners to have signs plastered on their doors warning people that someone inside that personal space may have issues with some scents. People are entitled to their privacy about such matters. It isn't the public's business. But, it is the business of people who make it their profession to go door to door to exhibit a sensitive attitude to whoever may be behind the doors they knock on.

And that is where the JWs are rude. They aren't just going to the grocery store and wandering around. They are deliberately and knowingly entering into other people's personal spaces.

It is a no brainer. Don't wear scent when you are going door to door. Simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit