Where does it state in the bible when/if the government will turn on jws.

by Frantic 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Frantic
    Frantic

Hi everyone!

My jw friend informs me, the UN will turn on all religion (the JWS first). Does this have truth to it, or is it all speculation and hearsay? I say this because HE believes the government will turn on all organised religion sooner rather than later.

Thanks everyone, references would be a major bonus!
    Thankyou

Frantically Insane Andy

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

As I recall, JWs interpret the symbolic language of Revelation to mean that the political element will attempt to destroy all religion. However, they will be unable to destroy JWs, so they will then turn their attention to them specifically. This will be like "touching Jehovah's eye". He will become angry at the nations and destroy them with Armageddon.

This is never stated in the Bible. The Bible tells a disjointed story about wild beasts with lots of eyes and heads. You must buy into the Society's ever-changing interpretation of these creatures to follow the logic. Every religion has its own interpretation, with the crackpots leading the way.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Where does it state in the bible when/if the government will turn on jws. It doesn't -- but the JWs interpret certain Revelation passages to come up with a convoluted story to say that a world government will turn on false religion and then the JWs and then Great Tribulation followed by Armageddon

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Revelation 17

16 And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. 17For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. 18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth."

The JWs interpret "the wild beast" as the UN, and "the harlot" as organized religion.

If you're really interested, read their book Revelation--It's Grand Climax at Hand. It's good for a laugh.

• blondie
    blondie

Here is the WTS interpretation:

9/15/97 Watchtower p 19 Who Will Survive "the Day of Jehovah"? ***

Jehu took action to end Baal worship in Israel. In our day, through the Greater Jehu, Jesus Christ, God will bring about the destruction of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. We will soon see the fulfillment of the angel?s words to the apostle John: "The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot [Babylon the Great] and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished." (Revelation 17:16, 17; 18:2-5) "The ten horns" depict the militarized political powers holding sway on earth. Though they now have a spiritually adulterous relationship with Babylon the Great, her time is short. This world?s political element will destroy false religion, and "the wild beast"?the United Nations?will have a principal role with "the ten horns" in devastating her. What an occasion for praising Jehovah!?Revelation 19:1-6.
  • jgnat
    jgnat

I think your friend has it backwards. The rest of Christendom's Churches get whacked first. THEN the ten-horned beast comes for the JW's.

So I say, as long as there are vital, energetic growing Christian churches (aka Babylon the Great, or the Whore) out there, the JW's have a LONG time to wait.

I still maintain that Las Vegas is Babylon the Great, and Elvis is the Antichrist soon to be raised from the dead. In black velvet.

• Gerard
  • UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom
    Every religion has its own interpretation, with the crackpots leading the way.

Well consider me a crackpot, but the book of Revelation is talking about the individual, and not entire nations (as is commonly believed). Use your word processor to replace all occurances of the following words in the Book of Revelations. You'd be surprised how much more sence it makes!

Replace " seven plagues" with "seven trials in which the soul may overcome its karma"
    (Generally speaking "plagues" are "trials", not punishments.)

Replace " anger of God" with "karmic consequences"

Replace "sea" with "self-will" (makes all those WT illustrations seem pretty stupid really!!! Totally lost the plot they have)

Replace "wild beast" with "animalistic behaviour" (a major theme I'm afraid.. but all too true)

Replace "image" with "effects" (ala 'the wild beast')

Replace "number of it's name" with "natural humanity as opposed to evolved humanity" (this'll get your brian humming)

Replace "lamb" with "Christ Consciousness" (an easy one)

Replace "Earth" with "Physical Body"... or "Self Will"
    (Generally speaking, the Earth means the individual in some way... not the planet)

I have more, but this is enough for now... Does anyone have any others? Please PM if you do.. I really am decoding it slowly)

• integ
    integ

I alway's wondered why God/Jehovah, whatever, would make it so damn difficult for us to figure out his message and leave so much to interpretation, and then judge us based on our reaction to someone else's interpretations. I wondered; "Is this just some evil game He is taking a sadistic thrill out of playing with us?" I now realize He does'nt care. He just wants us to love everybody and do good. How could a loving God judge us on our response to a couple of half-retarded, self righteous, bag toters' message of doom. If this is the way God really is, then I want OUT.

Integ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit