Anyone interested in some old WT books / publications?

by YellowLab 7 Replies latest jw friends

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

I was cleaning my basement the other day and came across a box of old WT books and publications I stowed away after I did the "fade". I wasn't sure if I should toss them, use them for fireplace kindling, sell them on eBay, or see if anyone here would be interested in them. I haven't gotten through the entire box yet, so I don't have a fully comprehensive list, but here are some to name a few:

New World Translation Bibles (hard cover and soft cover)
    "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth"
    "How Did Life Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?"
    "Revelation - It's Grand Climax at Hand!"
    Kingdom Melodies songbooks
    Kingdom Melodies (on CD)
    Watchtower and Awake on cassette tape - early 90s
    Many Watchtowers & Awakes individual mags (approx. 1989-1995)
    Several Watchtower & Awake bound volumes (don't have year - most likely early 90's)
    Theocratic Ministry School Guidebook
    Reasoning from the Scriptures
    The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
    Various brochures - including Trinity brochure
    Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom
    Family Book (from 1970s - ugly puke green color)
    Questions Young People Ask - Answers That Work
    Various Yearbooks and Daily Texts (from late 80s-early 90s)
    Most books/publications released between 1987 and 1995.

I can't really put a price value on these books. I'm not sure if most if not all of the material is on the WT CD-ROM. Some of the books are heavily highlighted or underlined, some of them are like brand-new. Are any of these books considered "hot items" (i.e. proof of old light, twisted scriptures, etc.)?

So whaddya think? Would it be worth my time and effort to sell this stuff, or can I save some money on my heating bill this winter?

YellowLab

• morty
    morty

imo.....save money on your heating bill.....

As far as them being worth any money, I am not sure of that....

They do come in good use for the cat litter, making crafts and your old bible's use them for wiping the oil off your face...

morty

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I wouldn't mind the Kingdom Melodies CDs, but I don't think they're worth buying for what I want to do with them.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Check with NeonMadman, Onacruse and AlanF. They may be able to provide a "wish list" in the general date range for your material. That would save you having to list all that stuff.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I threw mine away....too many bad memories. I figured the energy was bad, so I chucked them.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

You ask if it's on the CDROM or not. *checks the 2001 CDROM*

New World Translation, "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth", "How Did Life Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?", "Revelation - It's Grand Climax at Hand!", The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, Various brochures - including Trinity brochure, Family Book (from 1970s - ugly puke green color), Questions Young People Ask - Answers That Work, Theocratic Ministry School Guidebook, Watchtower to 1950, Awake to 1970, Jehovah's Witnesses - Proclaimers of God's Kingdom, Reasoning from the Scriptures, Kingdom Ministries to 1970, Yearbooks back to 1970

What isn't:
    Kingdom Melodies songbooks, Kingdom Melodies (on CD)
    Daily Texts (from late 80s-early 90s)

• onacruse
    onacruse

YellowLab, as I'm sure you know there's a significant difference between "database searchable" material and original copies. For myself, the stuff you have is available on CD, and for my purposes that's all I need.

However, Concerned Lawyer may well find it useful to have hard copies of some of these books, and AlanF is a bit of a collector .

You might also find an outlet through www.freeminds.org

Lemme know if there's anything I can do to help you dispose of these 'indispensable' items.

Craig

• DebraDoll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit