What the Org Teaches #9 There are TWO classes of J.W's

by The Searcher 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

#9 There are TWO classes of J.W's

More than 99% of J.W.'s worldwide are deemed by the Brooklyn hierarchy as not being righteous enough yet, and as such, are unfit to be called God's children - unlike the hierarchy.

They claim that the riff-raff will take another 1000 years to achieve the same degree of righteousness and Godly recognition which they have already been "blessed" with!

What the Org Says:

w10 1/15 p. 5 par 12 & footnote - "Jesus’ "other sheep" will not become sons of God until the end of the thousand years. However, since they have dedicated themselves to God, they can properly address God as "Father" and can rightly be considered members of Jehovah’s family of worshippers."

w08 1/15 p. 21 par. 8 - "Anointed Christians are declared righteous, because they exercise faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice". In Jehovah’s eyes, they are acquitted of sin and can be anointed with holy spirit to be spiritual sons of God, brothers of Jesus Christ. They come into the new covenant and form a new nation, "the Israel of God."

w05 6/1 p. 10 par. 5 - "They (anointed) have been declared righteous as spiritual sons of God, and to them these words apply: "He delivered us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of his love, by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins." Colossians 1:13, 14.

w04 11/1 p. 13 par. 17-"Those who successfully pass the final test after the Millennial Reign of Christ will be adopted as Jehovah’s earthly sons and "have the glorious freedom of the children of God." (Romans 8:21; Revelation 20:7, 9) In anticipation of this, they address Jehovah as their Father."

But What Does the Bible Really Teach?

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Matthew 25:40) To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother."

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: "My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.........

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God..........(Revised Standard Version)

Jesus said that the meek would inherit the earth. Therefore, all Christians will become joint heirs with Christ when he inherits his reward from heavenly Father.

Jesus addressed God as Father. How were all of his disciples to address God? (Matt. 6:9)

Jesus promised that he would have one flock of sheep, not two different "classes" with different hopes. (John 10:16)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When you put it that way, it sort of makes the Messiah's sacrifice into a Chinese menu, one from column A, one from column B. Their weird breakdown is typical. Remember, these are the people who brought us "Overlapping generations!"

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

Interestingly, Paul identified who the little flock and other sheep are at Ephesians 2:14

14 For he is our peace, the one who made the two groups one and destroyed the wall in between that fenced them off.

The two groups (or "flocks") were Israel and gentiles.

Of course Rutherford eventually figured out Paul had no idea what he was talking about...

• anointed1
    anointed1

Jesus did not mean we have to wait for 1000 years to have fullness of life: “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10) Jesus was contrasting what He offers with what the world offers.

The context of John 10 is that of a shepherd and his sheep, where Jesus is the Shepherd, while we are the sheep. But we are reminded that Jesus is not just our Shepherd; He is the good shepherd. It is important to know that the word used here for "good" doesn't just mean morally good, though it includes that. It also could be translated "beautiful" or "winsome" or "lovely," even "attractive." Jesus is the beautiful, attractive, winsome Shepherd, and the Shepherd's plan for His flock — more specifically, the Lord's plan for you — is that your life would flourish. It is His absolute joy to bless you.

The abundant life that John 10:10 speaks of is not necessarily a long life, though it may be, but it certainly is a full one. The act of following Jesus can add life to our years.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

The WT Oligarchy and his subjects :

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB say that they have been declared righteous, and have been absolved of their sins, eh? They are "in", while the rest are "considered" to be "in", but they need 1,000 years of work.....

When all that info is scattered through years of F.O.G/meetings, you don't notice it so much. But when you really "see" it, it's totally f**cked up.

DD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny how splitting the classes into two still hasn't prevented most of the students from flunking... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit