Question about the number 2,520 and the book “New Heavens and a New Earth” (1953)

by Hecce 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hecce
    Hecce

Question about the number 2,520 and the book “New Heavens and a New Earth” (1953)

There is a footnote on page 138 of this book; it has to do with the number 2,520 being a perfect number and the result of multiplying the four perfect numbers in sequence. I have done the math and it works. My question is if anyone remembers seeing this information in any other WT publication.

Thanks

Here is the quote

New Heavens and a New Earth- Page 138 (1953)

* 2,520 is a perfect number. It is the product obtained by multiplying the four perfect numbers 3, 7, 10, 12, and can be divided by all the digits from 1 to 10 without leaving any remainder, hence is their least common multiple.

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/newheavens/1953_New_Heavens_and_a_New_Earth.pdf

• stillin
    stillin
    This is the first I had heard of this mathematical tidbit. Interesting. But what was the point of the paragraph in that book?
  • Hecce
    Hecce

The title of this chapter is “The holy city revived and cast off”. I am enclosing the whole page and also a link to the book. To me this was something almost cabalistic (excuse me if this not a proper word, it is what comes to my mind) and maybe that is the reason why it was abandoned.

"NEW HEAVENS AND A NEW EARTH"

with Nebuchadnezzar's destruction of Jerusalem in 607 B .C. They had a miniature fulfillment upon Nebuchadnezzar himself when he went mad like a beast for seven years ; but they were completely fulfilled in seven symbolic times, 2,520* (or 7 X 360) years, from 607 B.C. to the autumn of A.D. 1914, during which non-Jewish or Gentile world powers dominated the earth unhindered . "The appointed times of the nations," Jesus called them. (Luke 21 :24, NW) They correspond with the long period of time foretold by Jehovah's prophetic words through Ezekiel to Jerusalem's last king, Zedekiah : "Remove the mitre and take off the crown ; what is shall be no more. Exalt that which is low, and abase that which is high . I will overturn, overturn, overturn it! This also shall be no more, until he come whose right it is ; and I will give it to him ."-Ezek. 21 :25-27, Da.

In harmony with this divine decree there would be no kingdom of God again with a son of David on the throne until God's heavenly woman, his theocratic universal organization, brought forth the Seed who has the right to the Kingdom . Then Jehovah God would give the Kingdom power to him. Hence when God restored the remnant in 537 B.C., he did not re-establish an earthly kingdom under the Judean prince Zerubbabel . This did not mean that God had abandoned his covenant for the kingdom made with faithful king David. (1 Chron. 17 :1-15) It meant that God rec-

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I thought I had heard it all, but this is new to me. Really interesting. I expect the 'perfect number' bit predates the WT by a long shot. Probably Franz picked it out of some old Adventist literature, or even older. He was known to consult Jewish commentaries on the OT at times.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't recall that at the moment, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If the WTB&TS did say that, wouldn't they be practicing NUMEROLOGY?

• Listener
    Listener

There are many more than just those four numbers noted in that book. A title search shows that 2,520 is an abundant number and therefore not a perfect number.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I do vaguely recall, in the 1970s, the elder who conducted my study saying something similar about those numbers.

Three was the number of emphasis; seven the number of heavenly perfection; ten the number of earthly completeness and twelve the number of the tribes of Israel.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Nathan Natas

Yes, NUMEROLOGY and whole bunch of some other shady stuff.

I put the link to the book for verification.

Thanks

• Hecce
    Hecce

Yes goes back to William Miller

http://www.the2520.com/william_miller.htm

2520 on 1843 Chart

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Considering that CTR and many others have based their religious theories off Sacred Geometry, it's not a surprising statement. Many persons have been drawn to investigate this field of study. It's a fascinating subject.

Consider this:

2,520 - 2+5+2+0 = 9

144,000 - 1+4+4+0+0+0 = 9

Do some research into this subject, it's extremely interesting to say the least. It makes me believe that ancient people were very wise, but we are too focused on parts today, and not the sum. Numbers in ancient writings, like the Bible ( which is probably a flawed copy of a re-telling of even older events ) are perhaps ways of conveying universal truths, but they have been tampered with. Translating languages like ancient Hebrew into modern languages has likely ruined the "codes", if that makes sense.

What does it all mean? I have no idea, but math and geometry, espescially the number 9 is mind-boggling. It's worth a few hours to investigate what ancient people knew about their world. Their "science" was different, but we would not be where we are without their insights.

I think Quantum Physics will link the "mysticism" of the past with today's "logical" views.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit