Greed and the Russian Problem

by no-zombie 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

By now all of us are aware of the moves in Russia to ban the Organization and the frantic letter writing campaign started by the Governing Body.

However, what I thought was interesting and perhaps not already mentioned, is the fact that Governing Body themselves may have actually created this very situation. Due of their personal greed to seize the Brotherhood's saved congregational accounts and the ownership of the Publisher funded Kingdom Halls through the centralizing of those assets into the Watchtower corporation (which I'm sure has taken place in Russia too), the ability for Putin to take the lot has only been made it easier. However if the Governing Body had left the ownership of the halls at the local level, I expect that the best the Russian government could do would be to have them closed and then start the much longer court process of taking them one by one.

And if anyone has any delusions in thinking that a ton of letters will in some way convince Putin to change his mind; think again. Putin does not care about world opinion. He didn't care in 2008 when he ordered the invasion of Georgia. Nor did he worry about it in 2014 when he took the Crimea . And he's not bothered about his puppet regime using chlorine fill barrel bombs killing women and children in Syria.

no-zombie

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I agree with you, NZ. Putin doesn't even care to wear a shirt.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

I'm a witness....it's to keep us busy and persecuted...but no one is really talking...usually there is a whole lot of buzz going on....folks texting and calling....I think the friends have heard this all before....

The ARC thing is all over FB and everywhere else....the org. is trying to justify that this is THE END....AGAIN...see we are being persecuted....read the account in Luke...the disciples ask Jesus when will these things occur....he says, not before you are handed over....so here you go....they are being handed over...no, they are just being asked to leave or not preach or, I don't know...I still think it's about $$$.

Tor

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    tor1500 - "...The ARC thing is all over FB and everywhere else....the org. is trying to justify that this is THE END..."

Considering those (and related) circumstances, I think they're - ironically - closer to accuracy now than they ever have been before... :smirk:

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Putin is attacking all religion that is not state aligned. This isn't a JW thing. This is any church that isn't the Orthodox Russian Church being negated in order to gain the support of the 75% of Russians that belong to the Orthodox Church. It is a political move.

You really need to do a little reading guys and gals so you can stay on top of things!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit