C of E Abuse Report. Contrast with JW org !

by Phizzy 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/05/c-of-e-review-uncovers-400-new-cases-of-abuse?fbclid=IwAR2mBCNO5DULNcgIlsVYakGs4HLb9DgNtD8SQ

Note this Report covers cases going back to 1949, they uncovered 400. If J.W's in the U.K did a similar, thorough trawl of all Congregation Records going back that far, let's pretend they haven't destroyed most of them, we know they have, but just pretend they are all available, how many Cases of Abuse would they uncover ? in a much smaller Org ?

Maybe the File destruction that has gone on was to protect the org. and its £££ from a proper investigation such as this.

Note too the Apology, and the things put in place to mitigate the harm done, by the C of E. Another contrast in attitude.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Why should any of us have to do a web search to find out just what the hell C of E means? Don't you know how to spell whole words? I don't think I'm the only one who gets pissed off at letter abbreviations. If you are going to make a post, then be concise about what the gist is.

Rant over.

• skin
    skin

I was tempted into Google to see what C & E meant, it means Church of England. Didnt read any more because its bound to be apostate lies.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Tips for Using Abbreviations Correctly

If you're unsure whether the meaning of an abbreviation is familiar to your readers, write out the entire word.

After you write out the entire word, then you may abbreviate.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The article headline used "C of E" and the first sentence of the article reads "The Church of England has suffered from a culture of deference, inertia, misogyny [etc]". Click the link and you would have understood what it mean in literally the first four words.

As for Phizzy's question about what the JWs might discover: I think it was the Australia commission that found a record of complaints/reports of CSA against more than 1,000 JWs. I believe that this was during a period a bit shorter than the 1940s to present. I don't think the numbers can be compared directly, but it's still a staggering total.

• jhine
    jhine

Happy Dad you may want to change that pseudonym 🤣.

I am a member of the CofE and l can confirm that rigorous precautions have been put in place to help prevent this kind of thing happening.

I am a 66yr old female member of my specific church's PCC ( parochial church council) . This is the group who make decisions about stuff that goes on and is responsible for upkeep of the building.

I have to be DBS ( disclosure and barring service ) checked. This only because l am.on the PCC . I have no contact directly with children or vulnerable adults . Any other church member who , in whatever role , does come into contact with those groups has to be DBS checked as well .

Each church has a safeguarding officer who is to be informed about any suspicion of wrong doing so that records can be kept and appropriate people informed .

Abuse of any kind , including spousal abuse , is taken very seriously.

Jan

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thank you Jan, for that inside information, and what a contrast to the J.W org !

They fall woefully short on this, its almost as though they relish, and wish to keep, the title that some on here bestowed upon them years ago, the "Paedophile's Paradise".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit