Hyperlinks to bookmarks in PDF doc don't work

by FatFreek 2005 3 Replies latest forum tech-support

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

One of my topics re "Watchtower's 53 Date Failures ..." has a problem.

The document that delivers all that content is in PDF format.

The internal hyperlinks to the bookmarks don't work. It's not your fault -- it's mine.

See all those dates in that table on page 3? Well, they are all hyperlinked to the appropriate bookmark later in the doc, supposedly to take you directly to the information on that specific date. Don't work.

Then, to take you back to the top, that text between tables, "Back to Top" -- those, too, are supposed to be hyperlinks that quickly take you back to that date table. Doesn't work either.

Any of you tech gurus out there who use LibreOffice Writer or Open Office Writer, and who may have some tips to make this work, please yell back.

Len Miller

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The links are fine when you download the PDF and open it up in a PDF reader like Acrobat DC...

But using an online hosted PDF reader like the Google Drive that allows you to view PDF's in a browser makes the hyperlinks not work.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hey, NotSureWhereToGo,

Great tip and we're all very gratefu to youl. Based on that, I've since added an alert above the table of hyperlinks. It reads something like this:

The following dates are hyperlinked to their referenced quotations. This provides very quick and convenient navigation to and from dates of interest. However, the links only work if this file has been downloaded to your machine. To do that (if you're using the Chrome browser), look for the download icon. Then open that file with your machine's default PDF reader.

Len

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Thanks for posting - a very useful resource.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit