March 2023 WT - Recruitment drive!

by BoogerMan 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Dedicate your life to Jehovah, by being baptized as a JW - not as a Christian. (a follower of Christ - Acts 11:26)

Par. 20, p. 7 - Why wait? Many might answer this way, “I am not ready yet.” The fact is that the decision to dedicate yourself to Jehovah and to get baptized is the most important decision you will ever make.

So JW's, pressure your prepubescent kids to get into the baptism pool - even though you know they're nowhere ready or mature enough yet to buy alcohol, drive a car, or have a romantic relationship.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is now the only way in the West, and parts of the World with the Internet, that they can maintain numbers.

Even back when I was "in", in a Congo with a dozen pioneers, and very zealous Pubs. the convert from the public was a rarity.

Now they must be, in our part of the world, as rare as Unicorns that Fart Fairy Dust.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

dedicate yourself to Jehovah and to get baptized is the most important decision you will ever make.

Well, for starters, it's not to Jehovah(tm), it's to the Organisation(tm).

And of course, if it is the 'most important decision', no wonder the indoctrinated culties will not be ready.

TOMO needs his booze money, so they need bums on seats.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

No doubt this was written in response to the historically low baptisms in the 2022 annual report (data through Sept, 22) which was just made public last week.

• Listener
    Listener
    They sure know how to play mind games. It isn't acceptable that individuals feel they are not ready.
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

Yeah, the dedication questions were changed in 1985 so that you were now submitting yourself to the organization, not to god or Jesus.

They have always celebrated those who get baptized very young. I can remember conventions where they would interview a young teen who had gotten baptized, or they would point out that one of the candidates was very young. And you could read in the magazines about people who were baptized when they were as young as nine or ten.

Locking someone in like that at such a young age is creepy. And that's the nicest description I can think of.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

With the same mouth they condamn people not waiting to marry, the SECOND most important decision one can make, until they are past some so-called "bloom of youth" WT praises pre-pubescent youths for making a life long decision to get baptized, the MOST important decision they can make, along with all the horrors that go along with it.

Sounds pretty hypocritical to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit