Quote about Honesty and lies of omission in latest Watchtower.

by cappytan 7 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Jesus honestly identified himself as the Messiah, even though his truthful admission could allow the Sanhedrin to claim that he was a blasphemer and could lead to his execution.—Matt. 26:63-67.

What about us? Will we be honest in situations where a slight omission or twist of words might bring us material gain?

ARTICLE HERE

DO AS WE SAY, NOT AS WE DO!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWV8YnTFto&feature=youtu.be&t=17m54s
  • jhine
    jhine

Wow , you just couldn't make it up !

Jan

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

How about this exchange from that testimony:

“Do you see yourselves as Jehovah’s spokespeople on earth?”

Jackson replied, “That, I think, would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the ‘only spokesperson’ that God is using.”

I've been meaning to start a thread on that quote, it basically is a step away from Peter's denial of Jesus.

Here is one of the Guardians of Doctrine, hailed before a governmental authority. What better time to scream from the rooftops that "We are the one true religion, you must follow us or you will shortly perish at Jesus' hands in the great day of Armageddon!!!!"

But no. He cowered, ducked and dodged. He dismissed the idea that Jesus had appointed his Watchtower gang, right when he had the chance to tell the world that they were the appointed leaders here on the earth today!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Note that the Watchtower did not use the phrase "spiritual gain" but rather "material gain".

During the Australia Royal Commission the theocratic warfare doctrine (i.e. "spiritual warfare") required Geoffrey Jackson to be dishonest "in situations where a slight omission or twist of words" might bring spiritual gain.

• Tricked
    Tricked

I can't imagine Jackson going outside and weeping bitterly. Rather, I imagine he patted himself on the back for his slimy half-truths.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Great comments too Lost Gen!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

HOLY COW! Man they know or count on that almost no JW know anything about the ARC.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Once again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

x

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit