Government against the Jehovah's Witnesses ??? hhhhhmmmmmmm !!!!!!!

by run dont walk 8 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Okay, lets say for the sake of argument, and since they predict it anyways, if the Governments of Canada, USA, UK, etc said to the JW's no more religion, how many do you think would cave in to the pressure. It's obvious to me, most JW's are not that into the religion, for most just a social affair, the real diehards who believe and do all is probaly 25 % or less.

Would you or your family cave in to that pressure, or get stronger and say, see the end is near ???

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Me personally well I am on the way out -- my family -- they would be the ones saying -- see we are deep in the time of the end --this is prophecy coming true and never mind being loyal - they would become even greater diehard witnesses.

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

I don't beleive that only 25% are diehard JW's. As far as you saying that for most it is just a social affair, it was never much of a social affair to start with, you get alot more social affaris outside the JW's. I beleive that everyone who is still in it still believes its that truth no matter how unhappy thay are, if they are unhappy then they blame this system or themselves. For most of the JWs, if they GB tells them to jump, they ask "how High?"

regards rick

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I don't think it's so much a social affair as it is a confidence builder and a crutch to lean on. I lost a friend to the JW's and in his case, he had a very low self esteem. While he was studying, the others made him feel loved and important. They were taking the time to study with him. He came from a very bad family environment and here are people that care for him. Things have changed since baptism but he still feels important. He believes that he is closer to God than I am and that he holds the truth to Jehovah's love and I don't. He believes that JW's are Jehovah's chosen people in the same manner that biblical prophets were chosen by God to spread his message. This makes my friend feel very important.

He is also a very depressed person. The belief that Paradise, a place where he will finally be content, is right around the corner keeps him going from day to day. He won't make any effort to improve his intellect or financial situation because he believes his unhappiness will just go away when Armageddon comes and he looks forward to this happening. When I think about his emotional state I sometimes worry and feel very sorry for him. I know he is miserable and probably spends a lot of time crying at home. But since he broke ties with me (for not being a JW and questioning him about it) there is nothing I can do.

Devon

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

They also make the unintelligent JW's feel smart by ohhhhing and ahhhhing at there ridiculous stupid comments during studies.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

If the government were to do that a lot would see that as proof that the GB was right more so than anything. They would view the few who left as those who were caving in from pressure to Satan. I think most of the dubs would go down with the ship enduring government "presecution" and believing they were "suffering for Christ"

• blondie
    blondie

In one WT article the WTS tried to conceal the fact that more compromised that "held firm" in this case of persecution. A bright person must have caught them on this discrepancy.

w82 7/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers

In The

Watchtower of April 15, 1982, page 26, paragraph 19, it states that in the persecution of Jehovah?s Witnesses at Gbarnga, Liberia, in March 1963, a few compromised but the majority maintained their integrity. However, the Yearbook for 1977 states that the majority compromised their faith. Why this discrepancy?

The statement in The Watchtower for April 15, 1982, is in error. Actually, according to the Yearbook of 1977, pages 176 and 178, there were about 100 Liberian Witnesses who went through the Gbarnga persecution maintaining integrity, while approximately 200 compromised their faith.

Think about it, if the people at the KH cannot show love and support when there is no persecution, nothing would make me think that they would do it under persecution.

Luke 16 10 He who is faithful in a very little [thing] is faithful also in much, and he who is dishonest and unjust in a very little [thing] is dishonest and unjust also in much.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I use to hate when youd get together with a bunch of Joe Dubs and they would say

"Wasn't that a deep watchtower study last Sunday, or that brother made a deep point in his talk. or that brother made a good point in his talk. And Id be like who gives a shyt, Im waiting till im 18 so I can get the hell out of here!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There is nothing better than persecution to reinforce a person's beliefs. The best way to get rid of JWs and the WTS is to simply ignore them.

It?s like trying to get a 7 year-old to stop being a pest? if you fuss and yell all you will do is encourage them to do more? if you just ignore them they get bored and find something else to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit