Two reminders for active JW's & new lurkers to consider

by The Fall Guy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

1) If asked what your religion is, your answer should be Christianity, not "Jehovah's Witness." JW identifies the denomination of Christianity to which you assign your allegiance/worship. JW's, whether they like it or not, are simply part of Christendom. Google the proper meaning of the term - not the org's corrupt version.

2) Scripturally you are not Jehovah's witnesses - the Bible tells Christians to witness for Christ - not for God. Christians were never to do anything in/for God's name.

(Matthew 10:18) ....before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness....

(Mark 13:9) ...be put on the stand......for my sake, for a witness to them.

(Luke 24:48) You are to be witnesses of these things.

(Acts 1:8) ..witnesses of me in Jerusalem,.....the most distant part of the earth.”

(John 1:15) (John bore witness about him, (Jesus)

(John 5:37) And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me.

(John 8:18) ...bears witness about myself, and the Father..bears witness about me.”

(John 15:26, 27) ....bear witness about me; and you, in turn, are to bear witness....

(Acts 9:15, 16) But the Lord said to him: “Go! because this man is a chosen vessel to me to bear my name [Jesus] to the nations as well as to kings and the sons of Israel. For I will show him plainly how many things he must suffer for my name.”

(Acts 10:39) And we are witnesses of all the things he did.......

(Acts 10:43) To him (Jesus) all the prophets bear witness....

(Acts 13:31) .......These are now his witnesses to the people.

(Acts 22:15) because you are to be a witness for him (Jesus) to all men......

(Acts 22:20) and when the blood of Stephen your witness...

(Acts 23:11) ....witness about me in Jerusalem,.....also bear witness in Rome.”

(Acts 26:16) .....a witness .....................respecting me.

(1 Corinthians 1:6) ...the witness about the Christ has been made firm among you,

(1 Timothy 2:6, 7) ...this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

(2 Timothy 1:8) ....the witness about our Lord.......

(1 John 5:9) ....this is the witness God gives, the witness.....about his Son.

(Revelation 1:9) ......bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 12:17) ....have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus.

(Revelation 17:6) ......and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.

(Revelation 19:10) ....witnessing concerning Jesus...the witness concerning Jesus...”

(Revelation 20:4) ...for the witness they gave about Jesus......

Christians were to witness for Christ. There is not one single verse which commands Christians to witness for God. Jesus was assigned to be God's witness:

(Revelation 1:5) "....Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,”

(Revelation 3:14) "....the faithful and true witness.."

(Revelation 19:11) "And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True,.."

The following verses also show that Christians were to rely on Christ's name for all things, because he was their mediator for all things. (1 Tim. 2:5)

(Isa. 62:2) ...a new name.....Jehovah’s own mouth will designate. (see Acts 11:26)

(Matthew 10:22) And you will be hated by all people on account of my name,......

(Matthew 18:20) For where there are two or three gathered together in my name,....

(Matthew 19:29) .......for the sake of my name......will inherit everlasting life.

(Matthew 24:9) .......and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name.

(Luke 10:17) “...even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name.”

(Luke 21:12) ......brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name.

(Luke 21:16, 17) .......and you will be hated by all people because of my name.

(John 2:23) .....many people put their faith in his (Jesus') name........

(John 5:27, 28) .....in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice..

(John 14:26) But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name,

(John 15:16) ......no matter what you ask the Father in my name,

(Acts 2:38) Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ

(Acts 3:6) In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, walk!”

(Acts 4:10) .....in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene,

(Acts 5:40) . . .and ordered them to stop speaking on the basis of Jesus’ name.

(Acts 5:41) ....counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his [Jesus'] name.

(Acts 9:14-16) .....all those calling on your name.....he must suffer for my name.”

(Acts 10:48) .....he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

(Acts 11:26) ..........the disciples were by divine providence called Christians.

(Acts 16:18) “I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.”

(Acts 19:5) On hearing this, they got baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

(Acts 22:16) ....get baptized, and wash your sins away by your calling on his name.’

(1 Corinthians 6:11) ...been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

(2 Corinthians 5:15) .....no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them.

(Philippians 2:10) .....so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend......

(Hebrews 13:15) Through him (Jesus) let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that make public declaration to his name.*

* Exactly whose name was to be "publicly declared"? See 27 "witness" scriptures.

• blondie
    blondie

In fact, no where in the bible where you find that Jesus' followers were called Jehovah's witnesses or witnesses of Jehovah.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/285009/blondies-comments-you-will-hear-09-28-2014-wt-study-jesus-wit

OPENING COMMENTS

As I come back to this part after going through the article, I come back to my long-time questions. Why have Jehovah’s witnesses added “Christian” to their designation.

And as they say, only the Israelites were a dedicated nation of witnesses of Jehovah and per Galatians 6:16 “Israel of God” that only the 144,000 anointed Christians are spiritual Israelites. How then can the other sheep be considered “Jehovah’s witnesses” since the WTS teaches they are not spiritual Israelites.

They were not invited to the Memorial until 1938, 3 years after the WTS identified the great crowd. Why the gap, because many jws (1931) felt they should not be since they were not anointed.

Even by 1950, the WTS used this phrase which suspiciously seems to leave non-anointed members out of the term “Jehovah’s witnesses.”

*** w50 3/1 p. 70 par. 12 A Call to Praise ***

In a very practical way, with much hard work in tramping from door to door, repeatedly visiting the people with the Kingdom message, Jehovah’s witnesses and their companions testify to the people concerning the Kingdom and its blessings.

“You Will Be Witnesses of Me”

“[Jesus] said to them: ‘. . . You will be witnesses of me . . . to the most distant part of the earth.’”—ACTS 1:7, 8.

Indeed, it sometimes requires great courage to be a “faithful and true witness” in Satan’s hate-filled world!—Rev. 3:14.

COMMENT

What does Revelation 3:14 say? Does it say it’s Jesus? Is there any mention of “Jehovah”? Whose name is mentioned?

1 Timothy was written after Acts where Jesus’ followers were called Christians by “divine providence.” Is the WTS implying here that Paul, a human, was renaming the Christian community?

It doesn’t change the bible facts that Jesus said his followers would be witnesses of Jesus and that all the other references in the NT say the same. If Jesus felt his followers should be witnesses of “Jehovah” why did he not say that in Acts 1:8?

*** km 4/79 p. 4 Announcements ***

Is it appropriate to have a Kingdom Hall sign saying: “Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Christian Witnesses”? So there will be uniformity, the Society encourages all to make their signs read: “Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

And now the WTS is adding bright blue squares with white lettering on the outside of KHs, assembly halls, and headquarter buildings; with Jesus on it or even Jehovah? No, JW.ORG, removing even Jehovah from their identifying sign…how does that make their God’s name Jehovah known?

“brothers”! work in difficult territories; where is the large army of jws that do the real work?

Early “Christians” or early Jehovah’s witnesses?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JWs don't care about doctrine.

In fact, most JWs DON"T KNOW the doctrines of their religion.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

My 2 cents

And the Jealous God Jehovah allowed his Holy name to be removed from his holy book and kept silent about it for 1890 years, until CT Russel came to restore it. Does that sound good ?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

...JW's, whether they like it or not, are simply part of Christendom...

I hate to tell you, but they would 100% disagree with you. They denounce "Christendom" all the time.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I hate to tell you, but they would 100% disagree with you. They denounce "Christendom" all the time.

Except when it suits them to be a part of Christendom like when they acted as Friend of the Court in Jimmy Swaggart`s court case on his behalf.
    Or when on the one hand they claim they have no Clergy Laity class but in a court of law they plead Clergy Penitent privilege .

Or when they adopted the same Bible books as protestant Christendom

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Another thing to consider is that the Tetragrammaton the four Hebrew letters representing God`s name nor its Greek equivalent four letters do not appear in the texts Jehovah`s Witnesses have based their NWT of the Bible on or their NWT of the Christian Greek Scriptures, nor in their Kingdom Interlinear of the Christian Greek Scriptures .

Inserting the name in the NT is just another lie to set them apart from Christendom.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I got a better one for the active newbies and lurkers (and trolls)...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, do your beliefs deserve to be defended?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I even have a better one than that, LOL! When you base your life on fairy tails you are in for a real disappointment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit