Question On Links To Other Sites.

by MicaSmith 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MicaSmith
    MicaSmith

Dear Forum Members:

I have read through the rules on what can be posted and what is disallowed. I believe that I have not posted anything that disrespects those standards. I recently posted: A Troubling Culture: JW Group Think vs. Individual Critical Thinking.

The post featured links as do each of my three topic posts but this time it appears only one link works. The other links, link back to this website instead of the intended destination. I contacted Simon but never got a response.

If I have done something wrong, it would help to know.

Sincerely,

MicaS.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    @MicaSmith I can't speak for Si but pm me the links and maybe there's something there I can point out for you. Simon is generally very balanced so I wouldn't take this personal. People have a tendency to take this sort of deal personal. Could be a simple thing you missed or maybe even a mistake.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I contacted Simon but never got a response.

As Ace Ventura said - "If I'm not back in 10 minutes ... just await longer!". You may not have noticed but we've recently had some attacks on the site that I had to deal with and also have my day-job work to get on with.

I may not have the same view of urgency of a couple of links in a post as you do as I have a different todo list of things that need my attention, especially when the links in question were all the exact same thing duplicated and some of them work just fine. Nothing would stop anyone wanting to get to the linked site from getting to it.

I think waiting a little longer before declaring that you have been ignored over something so trivial would be a little more reasonable. You didn't even give me a whole day.

And it's nothing to do with 'censorship' and makes no sense to suggest it - why would I "redirect" some of the links but leave others?

You simply pasted the links wrong. I say "pasted" because the same text was prefixing each one and it's the same link each time. Instead of it being an absolute link to an external website (starting with http ...) a browser would see it as a relative link to whichever site was serving that content. If you posted that to other websites then they would "censor" it in the same way - it will always go back to the site they were hosted from, that's how web browsers and links work.

The mistake was all yours I'm afraid but thanks for trying to suggest something underhand just because I didn't reply to you soon enough, I really appreciate that. If you recall I already took some time to fix up the formatting on your previous topic. I guess you forgot.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Simon I just PM'd him the same...he's got a relative url wrapped in there. I also cautioned him to not freak out or make assumptions but we know how that turned out.

@MicaSmith no harm no foul but an apology would be in order my friend.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think people need to be aware that this is not Simon's full time gig and he doesn't get paid to maintain the site. It's a hobby friends but on that note Simon work faster.jk
  • Simon
    Simon

MicaSmith: Apparently you are PMing people telling them that I'm censoring or blocking you?

You seem to have an agenda here which is exclusively to accuse me of something untoward. So how about you apologize or stop your trolling or whatever it is you are doing.

I thought you were just unfamiliar with technology but you seem to have figured out how to PM people and update your avatar just fine.

So why the personal smear campaign against me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit