The Oneness Doctrine Refuted

by JW Answers 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@JoenB75:

Please note that I was talking about a specific application. If by “mystery” you really mean to say that you don’t know, whether that means now, later or ever, then I think you should say “I don’t know. And I don’t think I can know.” It’s a bit clearer. But if that’s what you mean by “mystery”, then I can at least grant that you aren’t being a moron when saying it.

But if someone says to you : “You’ve got a square circle here.” And then you follow it up with, “Well, it’s a mystery”, I think you are being quite moronic. Think of what you would be conceding. You aren’t saying that your opponent just misunderstands; and you aren’t saying that the contradiction can be resolved. You are literally AGREEING that you believe in a contradiction, and that position is just fine in your eyes. It’s the epitome of unreasonable. Quite literally it is the very opposite of reason.

Cofty was attempting to express a contradiction. So it’s understandable for a response of “it’s a mystery” to be irritating.

To be more concise: if you believe in a married bachelor, then I shall frown at you. And I won’t feel guilty.

• cofty
    cofty

I think 'god is a married batchelor' is exactly analogous to the trinity dogma.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Joen

Thank you for your willingness to share your ontological understanding of God.

I'm curious. Who will believers see in heaven...Jesus only , the Father, the Holy Spirit?

Do you see Oneness doctrine as being critical to salvation?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

OMG, Is this thread still ongoing.

Its like debating who is the Almighty god - Vishnu or Brahma.

Why debate on an Issue that is contained in a book that says that a snake and Donkey talked.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    I think 'god is a married batchelor' is exactly analogous to the trinity dogma.

*Trinitarian Hat off*

I think that is a way to go. If you think there is an explicit internal contradiction, and can demonstrate that with a well formed argument, it forces the Trinitarian to face the contradiction and resolve it, or deny reason. So far it seems you are saying:

P1: Trinity implies God is three “persons” and one “being”.

P2: “Persons” and “People” are the same in meaning.

P3: “People” implies separate beings.

C1: Therefore, any “persons” implies separate beings, each singular person is a separate being.

C2: Therefore, P1 can’t be true.

*Hat back on*

The argument is valid, but not sound. I dispute P2, especially when considering Trinitarians have their own vernacular. You should definitely insist on clear definitions, but as of yet, there simply isn’t an explicit contradiction.

*Hat back off*

This post is dedicated to EverApostate.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Mrmeanmustard,

I think it is pretty moronic to argue there are no mysteries to God. Big dude you know.. 😆

Vanderhoven7,

Thank you. I believe we will see Jesus. After all, God appointed him heir of all things. One throne in heaven Isaiah 6, Revelation 4☺️

I believe salvation depends on Jesus blood not concepts like "accurate knowledge". Of course people who know better yet continue to preach Trinitarianism or JWism are accountable for doing so ☺️

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    I think it is pretty moronic to argue there are no mysteries to God. Big dude you know.. 😆

Nobody is arguing there are no mysteries to God. Again, you are using “mystery” as “I don’t know” in your statement above.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is what religion does to people. Makes them talk cobblers.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

MeanMrMustard,

The only mysteries in my world is "I don't know". Maybe the misunderstanding here arose when a certain "clergyman" made a snappy comment about my use of mystery. I have consistently spoken of mystery as stuff I dont know

• Rivergang
    Rivergang
    This is what religion does to people. Makes them talk cobblers.

Thanks for that observation.

I must remember that line!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit