The Oneness Doctrine Refuted

by JW Answers 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The Oneness doctrine is a controversial subject for many Christians, and yet it has to be acknowledged that it is false, according to the Bible.

Whilst the Jehovah's Witnesses do not hold to this doctrine, their understanding of the Trinity falls on those who believe in the Oneness doctrine. Therefore not rightly understanding the Trinity doctrine, or the Deity of Christ.

Watch this video below at:

The Oneness Doctrine Refuted

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Oneness Doctrine refuted by bible verse:

Plurality:

Genesis 1:26 KJV
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 3:22 KJV
    And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Genesis 11:6-7 KJV
    And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. [7] Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Isaiah 6:8-9 KJV
    Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. [9] And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

John 14:16,26 KJV
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

More than one in application:

Genesis 19:24 KJV
    Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Matthew 12:32 KJV
    And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Luke 3:21-22 KJV
    Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, [22] And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Mark 9:7-8 KJV
    And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. [8] And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.
    2 Peter 1:17-18 KJV
    For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. [18] And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

John 8:28-29 KJV
    Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. [29] And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

John 14:23 KJV
    Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:9 KJV
    As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Hebrews 1:3 KJV
    Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
    Mark 12:36 KJV
    For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Father sent Son:

1 John 4:14 KJV
    And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Jesus did not send Himself.
    John 8:42 KJV
    Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

No man have seen the Father:

John 6:46 KJV
    Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

John 1:18 KJV
    No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 KJV
    No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Stephens Vision:

Acts 7:55-56,59 KJV
    "But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, [56] And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. [59] And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The Father is greater: (At the time of Christ humble ministry)

John 10:29 KJV
    My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Philippians 2:6-11 KJV
    Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Mary's visitation after resurrection:

John 20:16-17 KJV
    Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. [17] Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Roles: (The Father does not Judge).

John 5:22 KJV
    For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Power is GIVEN UNTO HIM

Matthew 28:18 KJV
    And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Prayer: (Who did Jesus pray too?)

John 17:1-5 KJV
    These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: [2] As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [3] And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. [4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. [5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Matthew 27:45-47 KJV
    Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. [46] And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [47] Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

As there are many Christians, they are part of ONE body.

As a man married a woman, they become as one. Two separate beings, but one together.

Ephesians 5:31 KJV
    For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Just as God is One, but in three separate persons and beings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit