I know that feeling from the male perspective! LOLOh my, imagine marrying some über-sister that blackmails you with sex to do cult stuff. "Today we go into field-service and do 6 hour day or otherwise it's no sex for a month!"
Are Jehovah's Witnesses marriages even legit?
- I was always afraid of being disfellowshipped or being cut off from my family.
- @ GrownMidget yes women do stuff like that.
- JW's do have it tough when it comes to marriage. Times change, the Borg and it's narrow-minded ways don't. Living together and being with someone 24/7 is the way to get to know someone. Dating someone for a few months getting to see someone for a few hours at a time then marrying is taking a huge leap of faith.
Dating someone for a few months getting to see someone for a few hours at a time then marrying is taking a huge leap of faith.I must also add the third-party sister/brother that watches over you at every of these dates - or you have automatically had sex in the eyes of elders. Now that I think about it, it's so ridiculous...
I never wanted to get married to anyone at the kingdom hall. I was always afraid that I would be trapped.
That's interesting Joliette. Why would you not mind being "trapped" if you believed it was "the truth"?
''I must also add the third-party sister/brother that watches over you at every of these dates - or you have automatically had sex in the eyes of elders. Now that I think about it, it's so ridiculous...''
I know, ludicrous. Looney tune rules.
I know some Witnesses who are happy in their marriage,and I know some who are miserable That is the big difference,is that,Witnesses can only move on if there is adultery by one or both parties.
I know,at least two different couples,one middle-aged,one where they are in their 60's,who are separated. But,they have to live in limbo,because there wasn't adultery.
A lot of Witnesses go by "theocratic status" meaning,they choose a partner based on their status in the org,pioneer,elder,or MS.
Some just think,that if two people are both "in the truth",seem nice,and close to the same age,it should work out But,then,they have a rude awakening.
My very first post,was lamenting the fact I was still single. Now,I am happy,I didn't marry a Witness. I would have a whole other set of problems.
- Its hard to separate love from infatuation when you are so horney you can't see straight. So many have married for sex thinking it was true love.
- i prayed to jehovah to help me stop masturbating---it worked !! He got my girlfriend to do it for me.