Are Jehovah's Witnesses marriages even legit?

by Joliette 44 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Sir 82 were you born in 1982 or are you 82 years old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3w9YH9RkaM

LOL

• Joliette
    Joliette
    Sex is different for women then it is for men. And yes, some women do fake it to make men feel better about themselves. And men do not know all about sex.
  • truthseeker100
  • GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    It sounds to me like you might be meaning if witnesses' marriages are actually based on something, such as love, instead of it's legality? If legal sense, then here they are very much legal but only very few witnesses have legal status to make the marriage official on governmental level

If I understood your post correctly, I would bet that many witnesses marry only because they want to have sex (forbidden fruit), therefore it is not based on anything "real" and will eventually turn into something where people are just stuck with one another after growing separate over the years.

Humans are very much sexual beings, some much more than others and I very well understand the marry fast to have sex point of view within the cult on an individual level. On the other hand from cult's perspective using the Bible to force these more sexual humans to marry is excellent way to control them emotionally. If you follow the marriage code and happen to choose a bad mate, you are stuck and therefore their mental health eventually will decrease and it is easier to sell the "end is near, outside you will feel worse" agenda. If on the other hand you have sex before marriage, the cult will determine your faith, kick you out and you will lose everything. Either way, the couple who made bad choice loses.

However, I say that there are also many of those who have made very good choice and are happy in that sense.
  • Joliette
    Joliette
    Do they really want to have sex that bad, thats why they get married? I never understood that.
  • Illuminated
    Illuminated

I don't see how it's legitimate when the cult is what "yokes" two people within and you're under an indoctrinated personality.

As for sex and speaking from a female point of view, it's very important to be able to connect on this level with your partner for many women.

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    Do they really want to have sex that bad, thats why they get married? I never understood that.
    Not everybody of course. Everybody and their own reasons are different. But what I've observed it seems to play a big role. Plus, not to mention that when you are not allowed to have sex, it turns into masturbation that is also forbidden. You will feel even more bad, sexually frustrated and guilty which then increases the change of bad mate choice. Masturbation is yet another smart control tactic.

There was one couple in my congregation who got married at the 17 year mark and then later after they got 2 kids, divorced because the woman cheated. Reason? I don't know, but would guess growing separate and "Jehovah" is not really a reason to keep marriage together. Another bullshit lie to keep witnesses marrying witnesses.
  • Joliette
    Joliette
    I never wanted to get married to anyone at the kingdom hall. I was always afraid that I would be trapped.
  • Joliette
    Joliette
    And then having to spend my adulthood hearing about how I should worship Jehovah. And forcing that onto my kids, no way.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I never wanted to get married to anyone at the kingdom hall. I was always afraid that I would be trapped.

I know that feeling from the male perspective! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit