Cracking down on neutrality rules

by Addison0998 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998
    Maybe I’m wrong, but when I was younger, when it came to the flag salute and the national anthem, we were allowed to stand with everyone else, as long as we didn’t put our hand on our heart and sing or speak along. Now in the March broadcast apparently witnesses are supposed to make an even bigger show of themselves by staying seated? Aren’t we supposed to be discreet? Or does jehovah view it as betrayal by even standing in respect? I will defenitly never go to a sporting event with my family or any witness friends I have since I will absolutely never make such a fool of myself like that.
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I always stood for the flag salute,but didn't place my hand on my heart or say the words. At the time,it was always left up to the conscience on whether to stand or remain seated for flag salute.

But,sit during National Anthem,unless already standing. I never really had to deal with it out of school. I don't attend sporting events.

Maybe things have changed but the people really didn't make a big deal about the flag salute when I was in school. The kids would goof around during the pledge.

• Ding
    Ding

Watchtower, "Salvation Belongs to Jehovah", 9/15/2002, said at p. 24:

When national anthems are played, usually all a person has to do to show that he shares the sentiments of the song is to stand up. In such cases, Christians remain seated. If they are already standing when the national anthem is played, however, there is no need for them to take the special action of sitting down. It is not as though they had specifically chosen to stand for the anthem. On the other hand, if a group are expected to stand and sing, then merely standing up out of respect but not singing would not constitute sharing in the sentiments of the song."

I think that established three rules:

1. If a JW is standing when the anthem begins, they can remain standing.

2. If the JW is seated when the anthem begins, they should stay seated.

3. However, if the crowd is expected to rise AND sing the anthem, then the JW can rise with the crowd as long as they don't join in the singing.

Don't you love how the GB "lovingly" does ALL your thinking for you?

How grateful you should be...

• Giordano
    Giordano

The working framework of the WTBTS is to fly a false flag and pretend it's the truth.

In the long run it doesn't matter what the WTBTS says is the right thing to do regarding your nation's flag.

Standing to acknowledge Caesar's accomplishments is simply being polite. Having access to clean water, plenty of food , a roof over one's head, an education and available medical care......trumps the dumb ass doctrines that the WTBTS put's forward and then pulls back.

Being a JW is being apart of one of the most confused and dishonest's religions .....EVER.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When national anthems are played, usually all a person has to do to show that he shares the sentiments of the song is to stand up. In such cases

Exactly.

That's why the Canadians stand for the USA Anthem when US teams play in Canada and vice versa. The Canadians are dedicated to the US and the Americans to Canada.Isn't it obvious? Just standing means your heart is committed to the (other) nation.

WTF are these 7 or 8 crazy ass guys thinking?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The GB will not swear allegiance to a country's symbol..but the GB will take the oath of allegiance to the USA to get their passports.

• Moster
    Moster

In the 60s and 70s we were instructed to remain seated during the national anthem, raising of the flag, the Lords prayer and the singing of God save the Queen.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It must be exhausting creating unnecessary man made rules to live by for every occasion in life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit